Lena Dunham Reveals She Was Fired From 'Mildred Pierce', Wants to Be on 'Scandal'
Lena Dunham may now experience success with her HBO series "Girls", but she flubbed her prior acting stint on the network. The Golden Globe-winning actress has just revealed that she was hired and fired by the premium cable channel before "Girls" got picked up.
"I got fired off of the one day I did on ('Mildred Pierce')," she recalled her experience working on the miniseries starring Kate Winslet during an interview with Grantland's Bill Simmons. " 'Fired' might be [a] rough [word] but I got sweetly dismissed from the one day I acted on 'Mildred Pierce', the HBO miniseries...They told me it was a three-day shoot and halfway through the first day, they were like, 'We got what we needed!' "
Dunham realized she was to blame for the dismissal. She admitted to having difficulty mastering her character's accent. "I know I didn't do well because the producer of 'Mildred Pierce', Ilene Landress, now produces 'Girls' and she said to me that she was auditioning extras in the basement to replace me because that's how bad I was," she continued sharing.
As for a role that she wishes to land, she told Simmons that she would love to star on Shonda Rhimes' "Scandal". "My life's great passion is the idea of being a guest star on 'Scandal'. I want to be like, a senator who did something wrong," she said. But it may not happen anytime soon as Dunham added, "I don't think I'm technically allowed to," since her show "Girls" and "Scandal" air on different networks.
More Lena Dunham News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt