Lena Dunham Reveals She Was Fired From 'Mildred Pierce', Wants to Be on 'Scandal'
Lena Dunham may now experience success with her HBO series "Girls", but she flubbed her prior acting stint on the network. The Golden Globe-winning actress has just revealed that she was hired and fired by the premium cable channel before "Girls" got picked up.
"I got fired off of the one day I did on ('Mildred Pierce')," she recalled her experience working on the miniseries starring Kate Winslet during an interview with Grantland's Bill Simmons. " 'Fired' might be [a] rough [word] but I got sweetly dismissed from the one day I acted on 'Mildred Pierce', the HBO miniseries...They told me it was a three-day shoot and halfway through the first day, they were like, 'We got what we needed!' "
Dunham realized she was to blame for the dismissal. She admitted to having difficulty mastering her character's accent. "I know I didn't do well because the producer of 'Mildred Pierce', Ilene Landress, now produces 'Girls' and she said to me that she was auditioning extras in the basement to replace me because that's how bad I was," she continued sharing.
As for a role that she wishes to land, she told Simmons that she would love to star on Shonda Rhimes' "Scandal". "My life's great passion is the idea of being a guest star on 'Scandal'. I want to be like, a senator who did something wrong," she said. But it may not happen anytime soon as Dunham added, "I don't think I'm technically allowed to," since her show "Girls" and "Scandal" air on different networks.
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'