Lena Dunham Reveals She Was Fired From 'Mildred Pierce', Wants to Be on 'Scandal'
Lena Dunham may now experience success with her HBO series "Girls", but she flubbed her prior acting stint on the network. The Golden Globe-winning actress has just revealed that she was hired and fired by the premium cable channel before "Girls" got picked up.
"I got fired off of the one day I did on ('Mildred Pierce')," she recalled her experience working on the miniseries starring Kate Winslet during an interview with Grantland's Bill Simmons. " 'Fired' might be [a] rough [word] but I got sweetly dismissed from the one day I acted on 'Mildred Pierce', the HBO miniseries...They told me it was a three-day shoot and halfway through the first day, they were like, 'We got what we needed!' "
Dunham realized she was to blame for the dismissal. She admitted to having difficulty mastering her character's accent. "I know I didn't do well because the producer of 'Mildred Pierce', Ilene Landress, now produces 'Girls' and she said to me that she was auditioning extras in the basement to replace me because that's how bad I was," she continued sharing.
As for a role that she wishes to land, she told Simmons that she would love to star on Shonda Rhimes' "Scandal". "My life's great passion is the idea of being a guest star on 'Scandal'. I want to be like, a senator who did something wrong," she said. But it may not happen anytime soon as Dunham added, "I don't think I'm technically allowed to," since her show "Girls" and "Scandal" air on different networks.
More Lena Dunham News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake