Pharrell Williams' New Solo Album Gets Release Date
Pharrell Williams' highly-anticipated new album "G I R L" will be released on March 3 globally. This would be the music producer's first solo album under Columbia Records after signing contract with the label last December.
"When Columbia Records presented me with the opportunity to make an album, three things came to mind," Pharrell said in a statement. "One was the sense of overwhelming honor that I felt when I realized that they were interested in partnering with me on the album that I had always dreamt of making. Two, it would have to feel festive and urgent. And three, I instantly knew it would be called G I R L. I hope you like it."
The album will include "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack "Happy" which has topped the charts in more than 10 countries including U.S. and U.K. The song is nominated for an Oscar which will be announced a day before the album is released.
When making the announcement of Williams as their artist, Rob Stringer, Chairman of Columbia Records said, "When we excitedly partnered with Pharrell in January of this year, we felt it was his time again. Since then, 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky' have defined pop music in 2013, and now we are preparing to launch Pharrell as a global solo superstar in 2014. 'Happy' is just the beginning."
"G I R L" is already available for pre-order on iTunes.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art