Pharrell Williams' New Solo Album Gets Release Date
Pharrell Williams' highly-anticipated new album "G I R L" will be released on March 3 globally. This would be the music producer's first solo album under Columbia Records after signing contract with the label last December.
"When Columbia Records presented me with the opportunity to make an album, three things came to mind," Pharrell said in a statement. "One was the sense of overwhelming honor that I felt when I realized that they were interested in partnering with me on the album that I had always dreamt of making. Two, it would have to feel festive and urgent. And three, I instantly knew it would be called G I R L. I hope you like it."
The album will include "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack "Happy" which has topped the charts in more than 10 countries including U.S. and U.K. The song is nominated for an Oscar which will be announced a day before the album is released.
When making the announcement of Williams as their artist, Rob Stringer, Chairman of Columbia Records said, "When we excitedly partnered with Pharrell in January of this year, we felt it was his time again. Since then, 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky' have defined pop music in 2013, and now we are preparing to launch Pharrell as a global solo superstar in 2014. 'Happy' is just the beginning."
"G I R L" is already available for pre-order on iTunes.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones