Pharrell Williams' New Solo Album Gets Release Date
Pharrell Williams' highly-anticipated new album "G I R L" will be released on March 3 globally. This would be the music producer's first solo album under Columbia Records after signing contract with the label last December.
"When Columbia Records presented me with the opportunity to make an album, three things came to mind," Pharrell said in a statement. "One was the sense of overwhelming honor that I felt when I realized that they were interested in partnering with me on the album that I had always dreamt of making. Two, it would have to feel festive and urgent. And three, I instantly knew it would be called G I R L. I hope you like it."
The album will include "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack "Happy" which has topped the charts in more than 10 countries including U.S. and U.K. The song is nominated for an Oscar which will be announced a day before the album is released.
When making the announcement of Williams as their artist, Rob Stringer, Chairman of Columbia Records said, "When we excitedly partnered with Pharrell in January of this year, we felt it was his time again. Since then, 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky' have defined pop music in 2013, and now we are preparing to launch Pharrell as a global solo superstar in 2014. 'Happy' is just the beginning."
"G I R L" is already available for pre-order on iTunes.
More Pharrell Williams News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl