Fiance of Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Breaks Silence After Her Death
John Dilbeck, the fiance of Julia Roberts' half-sister Nancy Motes who was found dead of apparent drug overdose on Sunday, February 9, has released a statement following the tragedy. In the statement, Dilbeck stated that his late fiancee loved her family.
"John Dilbeck and his extended family would like to express their heartfelt condolences to all of Nancy Motes' family and friends," the statement read. "We loved her dearly and will miss her always. Please know that the words she wrote in online venues were those of someone in pain who loved her family and longed for a closer bond with them."
"Nancy was a kind and thoughtful person quick to give a hug or share her memorable laugh. John is heartbroken and requests that he be left in peace to recover from a loss that all should understand," the statement added.
Motes was found unconscious in a bathroom earlier this month. Some prescription drugs were found on the scene. Motes reportedly had a strained relationship with the "Pretty Woman" star and left suicide notes before she died. A source told Radar Online that the notes were handed to the family earlier this week, but the body was still at the morgue. "The autopsy has been completed but toxicology test results will take four to six weeks," the source said.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri