David Fincher and 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Team Up for HBO's 'Utopia'
HBO has appointed David Fincher and Gillian Flynn to produce a remake to British conspiracy thriller "Utopia". Fincher will direct and executive produce the adaptation project with the script written by "Gone Girl" author Flynn.
The drama revolves around "the die-hard fans of an iconic, underground graphic novel" who "are suddenly launched into their own pop-culture thriller when they learn that the author has secretly written a sequel. Unfortunately, the new manuscript is much more than just a book and those on the hunt for it suddenly find themselves in a game of shifting loyalties, conspiracy and shocking twists as the true meaning of the book is slowly revealed."
Joshua Donen, Dennis Kelly, Jane Featherstone and Carolyn G. Bernstein are also on board as executive producers, while Flynn works on the project as part of an overall deal she has signed with HBO.
The original six-episode "Utopia" debuted on Channel 4 in January 2013. It has been picked up for a second season to launch later this year.
Fincher recently found success with Netflix's "House of Cards", for which he won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series. He has been nominated at numerous awards shows for his movies, including "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "The Social Network" and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". He's currently serving behind the lens for "Gone Girl" movie based on Flynn's novel of the same title.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video