'Sharknado 2' Adds Kelly Osbourne, Andy Dick and More to Cast Line-Up
"Sharknado 2: The Second One" is going to have more renowned stars in its cast ensemble. It has just been reported that Kelly Osbourne and Andy Dick are tapped to star in the upcoming TV movie, joining returning stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.
Osbourne is set to play a flight attendant, while Dick will be seen as a police officer. Also added to the cast are Vivvica A. Fox as Fin's old high school friend, Skye; Mark McGrath as Fin's brother-in-law; Judah Friedlander as Brian and veteran actor Judd Hirsch as a taxi driver, a nod to his iconic role on 1970s' sitcom "Taxi".
In the second film, a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on New York City, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites - and only Fin and April can save the Big Apple. Anthony Ferrante returns to the director's seat with Thunder Levin once again providing the script. Filming will begin next week for a July premiere on Syfy.
Despite negative reviews about bad special effects and acting, "Sharknado" which first aired last July became a social-media hit. Some of the comments, however, were not nice. Damon Lindelof claimed, "This movie is such a ripoff of The Bicycle Thief," while Wil Wheaton said, "You fools! You foolish fools! We should have taken global warming seriously and now there's Sharknado!"
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed