'Sharknado 2' Adds Kelly Osbourne, Andy Dick and More to Cast Line-Up
"Sharknado 2: The Second One" is going to have more renowned stars in its cast ensemble. It has just been reported that Kelly Osbourne and Andy Dick are tapped to star in the upcoming TV movie, joining returning stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.
Osbourne is set to play a flight attendant, while Dick will be seen as a police officer. Also added to the cast are Vivvica A. Fox as Fin's old high school friend, Skye; Mark McGrath as Fin's brother-in-law; Judah Friedlander as Brian and veteran actor Judd Hirsch as a taxi driver, a nod to his iconic role on 1970s' sitcom "Taxi".
In the second film, a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on New York City, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites - and only Fin and April can save the Big Apple. Anthony Ferrante returns to the director's seat with Thunder Levin once again providing the script. Filming will begin next week for a July premiere on Syfy.
Despite negative reviews about bad special effects and acting, "Sharknado" which first aired last July became a social-media hit. Some of the comments, however, were not nice. Damon Lindelof claimed, "This movie is such a ripoff of The Bicycle Thief," while Wil Wheaton said, "You fools! You foolish fools! We should have taken global warming seriously and now there's Sharknado!"
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair