'Sharknado 2' Adds Kelly Osbourne, Andy Dick and More to Cast Line-Up
"Sharknado 2: The Second One" is going to have more renowned stars in its cast ensemble. It has just been reported that Kelly Osbourne and Andy Dick are tapped to star in the upcoming TV movie, joining returning stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.
Osbourne is set to play a flight attendant, while Dick will be seen as a police officer. Also added to the cast are Vivvica A. Fox as Fin's old high school friend, Skye; Mark McGrath as Fin's brother-in-law; Judah Friedlander as Brian and veteran actor Judd Hirsch as a taxi driver, a nod to his iconic role on 1970s' sitcom "Taxi".
In the second film, a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on New York City, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites - and only Fin and April can save the Big Apple. Anthony Ferrante returns to the director's seat with Thunder Levin once again providing the script. Filming will begin next week for a July premiere on Syfy.
Despite negative reviews about bad special effects and acting, "Sharknado" which first aired last July became a social-media hit. Some of the comments, however, were not nice. Damon Lindelof claimed, "This movie is such a ripoff of The Bicycle Thief," while Wil Wheaton said, "You fools! You foolish fools! We should have taken global warming seriously and now there's Sharknado!"
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos