'Sharknado 2' Adds Kelly Osbourne, Andy Dick and More to Cast Line-Up
"Sharknado 2: The Second One" is going to have more renowned stars in its cast ensemble. It has just been reported that Kelly Osbourne and Andy Dick are tapped to star in the upcoming TV movie, joining returning stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.
Osbourne is set to play a flight attendant, while Dick will be seen as a police officer. Also added to the cast are Vivvica A. Fox as Fin's old high school friend, Skye; Mark McGrath as Fin's brother-in-law; Judah Friedlander as Brian and veteran actor Judd Hirsch as a taxi driver, a nod to his iconic role on 1970s' sitcom "Taxi".
In the second film, a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on New York City, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites - and only Fin and April can save the Big Apple. Anthony Ferrante returns to the director's seat with Thunder Levin once again providing the script. Filming will begin next week for a July premiere on Syfy.
Despite negative reviews about bad special effects and acting, "Sharknado" which first aired last July became a social-media hit. Some of the comments, however, were not nice. Damon Lindelof claimed, "This movie is such a ripoff of The Bicycle Thief," while Wil Wheaton said, "You fools! You foolish fools! We should have taken global warming seriously and now there's Sharknado!"
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift