Greta Gerwig Lands Lead Role in 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off
Greta Gerwig is the female version of Ted Mosby in "How I Met Your Dad". The "To Rome with Love" actress has been tapped to tackle the lead role of Sally in the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off, according to various reports.
Sally has been described a "vibrant, messy and unpredictable" woman in her twenties and as a "female Peter Pan who has never grown up and has no idea of where she's going in life." She's got a husband, which may not be the titular dad since it's said that "she's thinking of calling it quits with her husband of a year, Gavin."
Gerwig, who was nominated for for Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy at the recent Golden Globe Awards for her role in "Frances Ha", will also produce the comedy pilot. Should CBS pick it up to series, she is expected to write as well.
"How I Met Your Dad", from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey, will tell a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. The pilot will be filmed in Los Angeles but move to New York if it is picked up to series.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'