Greta Gerwig Lands Lead Role in 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off
Greta Gerwig is the female version of Ted Mosby in "How I Met Your Dad". The "To Rome with Love" actress has been tapped to tackle the lead role of Sally in the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off, according to various reports.
Sally has been described a "vibrant, messy and unpredictable" woman in her twenties and as a "female Peter Pan who has never grown up and has no idea of where she's going in life." She's got a husband, which may not be the titular dad since it's said that "she's thinking of calling it quits with her husband of a year, Gavin."
Gerwig, who was nominated for for Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy at the recent Golden Globe Awards for her role in "Frances Ha", will also produce the comedy pilot. Should CBS pick it up to series, she is expected to write as well.
"How I Met Your Dad", from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey, will tell a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. The pilot will be filmed in Los Angeles but move to New York if it is picked up to series.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed