Greta Gerwig Lands Lead Role in 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off
Greta Gerwig is the female version of Ted Mosby in "How I Met Your Dad". The "To Rome with Love" actress has been tapped to tackle the lead role of Sally in the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off, according to various reports.
Sally has been described a "vibrant, messy and unpredictable" woman in her twenties and as a "female Peter Pan who has never grown up and has no idea of where she's going in life." She's got a husband, which may not be the titular dad since it's said that "she's thinking of calling it quits with her husband of a year, Gavin."
Gerwig, who was nominated for for Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy at the recent Golden Globe Awards for her role in "Frances Ha", will also produce the comedy pilot. Should CBS pick it up to series, she is expected to write as well.
"How I Met Your Dad", from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey, will tell a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. The pilot will be filmed in Los Angeles but move to New York if it is picked up to series.
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money