Greta Gerwig Lands Lead Role in 'How I Met Your Mother' Spin-Off
Greta Gerwig is the female version of Ted Mosby in "How I Met Your Dad". The "To Rome with Love" actress has been tapped to tackle the lead role of Sally in the "How I Met Your Mother" spin-off, according to various reports.
Sally has been described a "vibrant, messy and unpredictable" woman in her twenties and as a "female Peter Pan who has never grown up and has no idea of where she's going in life." She's got a husband, which may not be the titular dad since it's said that "she's thinking of calling it quits with her husband of a year, Gavin."
Gerwig, who was nominated for for Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy at the recent Golden Globe Awards for her role in "Frances Ha", will also produce the comedy pilot. Should CBS pick it up to series, she is expected to write as well.
"How I Met Your Dad", from "HIMYM" creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas and "Up All Night" creator Emily Spivey, will tell a brand-new story with new characters and a new voice at its center. The pilot will be filmed in Los Angeles but move to New York if it is picked up to series.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer