Babyface Confirms Engagement to Longtime Girlfriend
Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds is engaged to girlfriend of seven years Nicole Patenburg, the singer-songwriter has confirmed. This would be Babyface's second marriage. He was married to businesswoman Tracey Edmonds for 13 years before their divorce in 2005.
"I'm happy to say I'm on the love marriage path," Babyface told The LA Times. "I'm a very lucky guy!" He actually already revealed the engagement back on February 6 during an interview with BET. When asked whether he would consider getting married again, Babyface told his "Love, Marriage & Divorce" collaborator Toni Braxton, "I've already considered it. I'm engaged, so yes."
Edmonds and his former back-up dancer Patenburg have been dating since 2007. They have one daughter together who was born in September 2008. He has two sons from the previous marriage.
During the interview with Braxton, Babyface revealed what he learned of his past relationships, saying, "The main thing is being honest with yourself and being honest with your feelings. When we're not honest with ourselves, we just accept situations, don't talk about them and, as you said, ignore the elephant in the room. You better recognize there is an elephant in the room and deal with it, because a lot of times the elephant in the room is the one that you put in there, so you have to deal with it."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory