Babyface Confirms Engagement to Longtime Girlfriend
Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds is engaged to girlfriend of seven years Nicole Patenburg, the singer-songwriter has confirmed. This would be Babyface's second marriage. He was married to businesswoman Tracey Edmonds for 13 years before their divorce in 2005.
"I'm happy to say I'm on the love marriage path," Babyface told The LA Times. "I'm a very lucky guy!" He actually already revealed the engagement back on February 6 during an interview with BET. When asked whether he would consider getting married again, Babyface told his "Love, Marriage & Divorce" collaborator Toni Braxton, "I've already considered it. I'm engaged, so yes."
Edmonds and his former back-up dancer Patenburg have been dating since 2007. They have one daughter together who was born in September 2008. He has two sons from the previous marriage.
During the interview with Braxton, Babyface revealed what he learned of his past relationships, saying, "The main thing is being honest with yourself and being honest with your feelings. When we're not honest with ourselves, we just accept situations, don't talk about them and, as you said, ignore the elephant in the room. You better recognize there is an elephant in the room and deal with it, because a lot of times the elephant in the room is the one that you put in there, so you have to deal with it."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival