Boyd Holbrook and Jai Courtney in Final Run to Play Kyle Reese in 'Terminator: Genesis'
Among the many contenders emerging over the past few months, Boyd Holbrook and Jai Courtney come out as the top choices to play Kyle Reese in "Terminator: Genesis". According to Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter, Boyd is the first candidate and Jai is the second.
Last month, it was reported that the "Jack Reacher" star and "The Host (2013)" actor were testing for the coveted role of John Connor's father, joining other hopefuls like Thomas Cocquerel ("Anzac Girls"), Wilson Bethel ("Hart of Dixie") and Sam Reid ("The Railway Man").
John himself will be played by "The Great Gatsby" actor Jason Clarke, and Sarah Connor is portrayed by "Game of Thrones" actress Emilia Clarke. They will join "Terminator" original star Arnold Schwarzenegger who is expected to reprise his role as the titular robot.
Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World") is set to direct the fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. The script is written by Laeta Kalogridis ("Shutter Island") and Patrick Lussier ("Drive Angry"). The reboot is expected to start production later this year for a July 1, 2015 release.
Heard, btw, that Hol Holbrook is re-testing for Kyle Reece in Terminator: Genesis. Jai Courtney a second choice.— Borys Kit (@Borys_Kit) February 10, 2014
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?