Boyd Holbrook and Jai Courtney in Final Run to Play Kyle Reese in 'Terminator: Genesis'
Among the many contenders emerging over the past few months, Boyd Holbrook and Jai Courtney come out as the top choices to play Kyle Reese in "Terminator: Genesis". According to Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter, Boyd is the first candidate and Jai is the second.
Last month, it was reported that the "Jack Reacher" star and "The Host (2013)" actor were testing for the coveted role of John Connor's father, joining other hopefuls like Thomas Cocquerel ("Anzac Girls"), Wilson Bethel ("Hart of Dixie") and Sam Reid ("The Railway Man").
John himself will be played by "The Great Gatsby" actor Jason Clarke, and Sarah Connor is portrayed by "Game of Thrones" actress Emilia Clarke. They will join "Terminator" original star Arnold Schwarzenegger who is expected to reprise his role as the titular robot.
Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World") is set to direct the fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. The script is written by Laeta Kalogridis ("Shutter Island") and Patrick Lussier ("Drive Angry"). The reboot is expected to start production later this year for a July 1, 2015 release.
Heard, btw, that Hol Holbrook is re-testing for Kyle Reece in Terminator: Genesis. Jai Courtney a second choice.— Borys Kit (@Borys_Kit) February 10, 2014
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune