Miranda Lambert Reminisces About the Past in New Track 'Automatic'
Miranda Lambert has dropped a new nostalgic song titled "Automatic". Written by Lambert with Nicolle Galyon and Natalie Hemby, the slow-tempo tune features the country superstar talking about life "before everything became automatic."
Lambert recalls the moments when she used a payphone, recorded her favorite songs on a blank cassette, sent letters and waited for the reply. "Hey whatever happened to, waitin' your turn/ Doing it all by hand, cause when everything is handed to you/ It's all only worth as much as the time you put in/ In all just seems so good the way we had it/ Back before everything became, automatic."
"It's about the good life," Lambert describes her song in a statement. "It's about slowing down, taking a breath and remembering what it's like to live life a little more simply. It's not about going back, but reminiscing about what it was like to hang laundry on the line and wait for it to dry and my dad teaching me how to drive my '55 Chevy that I still have but don't drive nearly enough."
She adds, "The song brings back good memories and it reminds me to take a deep breath and to remember that getting there is half the fun."
"Automatic" precedes the arrival of her upcoming fifth album, which is currently still untitled. Lambert hasn't shared too many details about the follow-up to 2011's "Four the Record", but she recently said that she'd been writing and recording since "last summer." She added, "I'm ready for the fans to hear my new music."
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!