Miranda Lambert Reminisces About the Past in New Track 'Automatic'
Miranda Lambert has dropped a new nostalgic song titled "Automatic". Written by Lambert with Nicolle Galyon and Natalie Hemby, the slow-tempo tune features the country superstar talking about life "before everything became automatic."
Lambert recalls the moments when she used a payphone, recorded her favorite songs on a blank cassette, sent letters and waited for the reply. "Hey whatever happened to, waitin' your turn/ Doing it all by hand, cause when everything is handed to you/ It's all only worth as much as the time you put in/ In all just seems so good the way we had it/ Back before everything became, automatic."
"It's about the good life," Lambert describes her song in a statement. "It's about slowing down, taking a breath and remembering what it's like to live life a little more simply. It's not about going back, but reminiscing about what it was like to hang laundry on the line and wait for it to dry and my dad teaching me how to drive my '55 Chevy that I still have but don't drive nearly enough."
She adds, "The song brings back good memories and it reminds me to take a deep breath and to remember that getting there is half the fun."
"Automatic" precedes the arrival of her upcoming fifth album, which is currently still untitled. Lambert hasn't shared too many details about the follow-up to 2011's "Four the Record", but she recently said that she'd been writing and recording since "last summer." She added, "I'm ready for the fans to hear my new music."
More Miranda Lambert News
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image