Investigators Send Justin Bieber Egg-Throwing Case to the District Attorney
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has finished their investigation into an alleged egg attack which involves Justin Bieber. Sheriff's Lt. Dave Thompson told E! News on Thursday, February 6 that they had sent the case to the L.A. County District Attorney's Office. Now the investigators are waiting for the decision.
"We dropped the case off to the D.A. today. We did a search warrant and put a lot of work into it. Of course it's up to them... I want a felony filing. The kid needs to realize he can't do this," Thompson said. "Certainly we don't want [the D.A.] to reject it. We believe with the dollar amount and the evidence it deserves a felony filing."
The D.A. office apparently needs some time before announcing the decision. "No decision will be made this week," Los Angeles County District Attorney spokesperson Ricardo Santiago said, as quoted by CNN. Santiago explained that a prosecutor would decide whether Bieber would be charged with vandalism and if the charge is a misdemeanor or a felony. Bieber's legal team may handle the case without his presence if it's a misdemeanor charge. A felony charge will carry heavier penalties and the singer needs to be present in the court.
Bieber was accused of throwing eggs at his neighbor's door in early January. The attack apparently caused an estimated $20,000 in damage. The police later raided the "Confident" singer's house to search for evidence related to the case.
More Justin Bieber News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'