Investigators Send Justin Bieber Egg-Throwing Case to the District Attorney
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has finished their investigation into an alleged egg attack which involves Justin Bieber. Sheriff's Lt. Dave Thompson told E! News on Thursday, February 6 that they had sent the case to the L.A. County District Attorney's Office. Now the investigators are waiting for the decision.
"We dropped the case off to the D.A. today. We did a search warrant and put a lot of work into it. Of course it's up to them... I want a felony filing. The kid needs to realize he can't do this," Thompson said. "Certainly we don't want [the D.A.] to reject it. We believe with the dollar amount and the evidence it deserves a felony filing."
The D.A. office apparently needs some time before announcing the decision. "No decision will be made this week," Los Angeles County District Attorney spokesperson Ricardo Santiago said, as quoted by CNN. Santiago explained that a prosecutor would decide whether Bieber would be charged with vandalism and if the charge is a misdemeanor or a felony. Bieber's legal team may handle the case without his presence if it's a misdemeanor charge. A felony charge will carry heavier penalties and the singer needs to be present in the court.
Bieber was accused of throwing eggs at his neighbor's door in early January. The attack apparently caused an estimated $20,000 in damage. The police later raided the "Confident" singer's house to search for evidence related to the case.
More Justin Bieber News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival