Pharrell Williams to Perform Nominated Song 'Happy' at 2014 Oscars
Pharrell Williams has been announced to perform for the upcoming 86th Annual Academy Awards. The singer/producer, who is fresh from winning four Grammys last month, will perform "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack "Happy" which is nominated for Best Original Song category.
It has been a tradition for artists to perform nominated songs at the Oscars. Williams is currently the only performer announced for the March 2 ceremony at Los Angeles' Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, but it won't be a surprise if there are more to come.
"Happy" is pitted against U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", Idina Menzel's "Let It Go" from "Frozen" and Karen O's "The Moon Song" from "Her". The song "Alone Yet Not Alone" from movie of the same name initially was nominated as well but it was disqualified due to unfair lobbying practices on the part of the songwriter.
Williams has been active on scoring for movies. He is working with renown composer Hans Zimmer on the score for the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'