Pharrell Williams to Perform Nominated Song 'Happy' at 2014 Oscars
Pharrell Williams has been announced to perform for the upcoming 86th Annual Academy Awards. The singer/producer, who is fresh from winning four Grammys last month, will perform "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack "Happy" which is nominated for Best Original Song category.
It has been a tradition for artists to perform nominated songs at the Oscars. Williams is currently the only performer announced for the March 2 ceremony at Los Angeles' Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, but it won't be a surprise if there are more to come.
"Happy" is pitted against U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", Idina Menzel's "Let It Go" from "Frozen" and Karen O's "The Moon Song" from "Her". The song "Alone Yet Not Alone" from movie of the same name initially was nominated as well but it was disqualified due to unfair lobbying practices on the part of the songwriter.
Williams has been active on scoring for movies. He is working with renown composer Hans Zimmer on the score for the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars