Pharrell Williams to Perform Nominated Song 'Happy' at 2014 Oscars
Pharrell Williams has been announced to perform for the upcoming 86th Annual Academy Awards. The singer/producer, who is fresh from winning four Grammys last month, will perform "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack "Happy" which is nominated for Best Original Song category.
It has been a tradition for artists to perform nominated songs at the Oscars. Williams is currently the only performer announced for the March 2 ceremony at Los Angeles' Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, but it won't be a surprise if there are more to come.
"Happy" is pitted against U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", Idina Menzel's "Let It Go" from "Frozen" and Karen O's "The Moon Song" from "Her". The song "Alone Yet Not Alone" from movie of the same name initially was nominated as well but it was disqualified due to unfair lobbying practices on the part of the songwriter.
Williams has been active on scoring for movies. He is working with renown composer Hans Zimmer on the score for the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights
- Madonna Admits She's 'Difficult to Work With' in Promo for Showtime Special