Pharrell Williams to Perform Nominated Song 'Happy' at 2014 Oscars
Pharrell Williams has been announced to perform for the upcoming 86th Annual Academy Awards. The singer/producer, who is fresh from winning four Grammys last month, will perform "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack "Happy" which is nominated for Best Original Song category.
It has been a tradition for artists to perform nominated songs at the Oscars. Williams is currently the only performer announced for the March 2 ceremony at Los Angeles' Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, but it won't be a surprise if there are more to come.
"Happy" is pitted against U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", Idina Menzel's "Let It Go" from "Frozen" and Karen O's "The Moon Song" from "Her". The song "Alone Yet Not Alone" from movie of the same name initially was nominated as well but it was disqualified due to unfair lobbying practices on the part of the songwriter.
Williams has been active on scoring for movies. He is working with renown composer Hans Zimmer on the score for the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club