Pharrell Williams to Perform Nominated Song 'Happy' at 2014 Oscars
Pharrell Williams has been announced to perform for the upcoming 86th Annual Academy Awards. The singer/producer, who is fresh from winning four Grammys last month, will perform "Despicable Me 2" soundtrack "Happy" which is nominated for Best Original Song category.
It has been a tradition for artists to perform nominated songs at the Oscars. Williams is currently the only performer announced for the March 2 ceremony at Los Angeles' Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, but it won't be a surprise if there are more to come.
"Happy" is pitted against U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom", Idina Menzel's "Let It Go" from "Frozen" and Karen O's "The Moon Song" from "Her". The song "Alone Yet Not Alone" from movie of the same name initially was nominated as well but it was disqualified due to unfair lobbying practices on the part of the songwriter.
Williams has been active on scoring for movies. He is working with renown composer Hans Zimmer on the score for the upcoming "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers