Scott Bakula and Zoe McLellan Cast on 'NCIS: New Orleans'
"NCIS: New Orleans" is quickly filling the series regular roles with the casting of Scott Bakula and Zoe McLellan. Golden Globe-winning actor Bakula was earlier cast on Monday, January 3, landing a lead role as NCIS Special Agent Pride.
Pride is described as a man who "embodies New Orleans" and is "driven by the need to do what's right with warmth, passion, strength and humor. He's a unique federal agent working in one of this country's most unique cities."
McLellan, who played P.O. Jennifer Coates on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" predecessor "JAG", will portray Special Agent Brody, a "mid-western transplant, the show's fish-out-of-water character. She come to New Orleans looking for a fresh start and a safe haven to heal old wounds."
The new "NCIS" spin-off is executive produced by Gary Glabserg and Mark Harmon. Its two-part pilot will air as "NCIS" episode this spring.
The "NCIS: New Orleans" gig marks Bakula's first series regular role since he starred on TNT's "Men of a Certain Age". He was nominated for an Emmy Award for his supporting role in HBO's TV movie "Behind the Candelabra" and is currently recurring on new sitcom "Looking" on the premium cable channel.
As for McLellan, her other notable role was as Lisa George on ABC's 2007 drama "Dirty Sexy Money". Her other acting credits include guest-starring roles on "The Mentalist", "House M.D." and "Royal Pains".
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor