Disney's Rescue Ranger Chipmunks 'Chip 'N Dale' Gets Live-Action Treatment
Disney is making its own chipmunk movie. While 20th Century Fox is finding success in "Alvin and the Chipmunks" franchise, the Mouse House is set to develop a live-action/CG hybrid feature film focusing on its famous rescue ranger duo "Chip 'n' Dale".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio picks up a pitch by award-winning commercials director Robert Rugan. He is expected write an origin story of the animal duo. Mandeville, the studio behind "The Muppets" series, will produce the pic.
The chipmunk pals first appeared in a 1943 animated short starring Pluto. They popped up in various Disney stories before being re-introduced as Rescue Rangers in 1989. Chip acted as the brains behind the detective pair, and Dale was his goofball sidekick.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'