Disney's Rescue Ranger Chipmunks 'Chip 'N Dale' Gets Live-Action Treatment
Disney is making its own chipmunk movie. While 20th Century Fox is finding success in "Alvin and the Chipmunks" franchise, the Mouse House is set to develop a live-action/CG hybrid feature film focusing on its famous rescue ranger duo "Chip 'n' Dale".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio picks up a pitch by award-winning commercials director Robert Rugan. He is expected write an origin story of the animal duo. Mandeville, the studio behind "The Muppets" series, will produce the pic.
The chipmunk pals first appeared in a 1943 animated short starring Pluto. They popped up in various Disney stories before being re-introduced as Rescue Rangers in 1989. Chip acted as the brains behind the detective pair, and Dale was his goofball sidekick.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video