Disney's Rescue Ranger Chipmunks 'Chip 'N Dale' Gets Live-Action Treatment
Disney is making its own chipmunk movie. While 20th Century Fox is finding success in "Alvin and the Chipmunks" franchise, the Mouse House is set to develop a live-action/CG hybrid feature film focusing on its famous rescue ranger duo "Chip 'n' Dale".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio picks up a pitch by award-winning commercials director Robert Rugan. He is expected write an origin story of the animal duo. Mandeville, the studio behind "The Muppets" series, will produce the pic.
The chipmunk pals first appeared in a 1943 animated short starring Pluto. They popped up in various Disney stories before being re-introduced as Rescue Rangers in 1989. Chip acted as the brains behind the detective pair, and Dale was his goofball sidekick.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video