Disney's Rescue Ranger Chipmunks 'Chip 'N Dale' Gets Live-Action Treatment
Disney is making its own chipmunk movie. While 20th Century Fox is finding success in "Alvin and the Chipmunks" franchise, the Mouse House is set to develop a live-action/CG hybrid feature film focusing on its famous rescue ranger duo "Chip 'n' Dale".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio picks up a pitch by award-winning commercials director Robert Rugan. He is expected write an origin story of the animal duo. Mandeville, the studio behind "The Muppets" series, will produce the pic.
The chipmunk pals first appeared in a 1943 animated short starring Pluto. They popped up in various Disney stories before being re-introduced as Rescue Rangers in 1989. Chip acted as the brains behind the detective pair, and Dale was his goofball sidekick.
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week