Disney's Rescue Ranger Chipmunks 'Chip 'N Dale' Gets Live-Action Treatment
Disney is making its own chipmunk movie. While 20th Century Fox is finding success in "Alvin and the Chipmunks" franchise, the Mouse House is set to develop a live-action/CG hybrid feature film focusing on its famous rescue ranger duo "Chip 'n' Dale".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio picks up a pitch by award-winning commercials director Robert Rugan. He is expected write an origin story of the animal duo. Mandeville, the studio behind "The Muppets" series, will produce the pic.
The chipmunk pals first appeared in a 1943 animated short starring Pluto. They popped up in various Disney stories before being re-introduced as Rescue Rangers in 1989. Chip acted as the brains behind the detective pair, and Dale was his goofball sidekick.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna