Jerry Seinfeld Confirms 'Secret Project' Is Mini 'Seinfeld' Reunion
Turns out the big "secret project" that Jerry Seinfeld was working on with comedian Larry David is a reunion of the "Seinfeld" cast on the small screen. The actor confirmed during an interview on the "Boomer & Carton" radio show Thursday, January 30 that the reunion is happening "very, very soon".
"It's a secret project," Seinfeld said without giving very much details. He did confirm that other original characters from the popular sitcom will appear including Jason Alexander in the role of George Costanza. Speaking of whether Alexander was surprised when he got the call, Seinfeld said, "Of course he remembers playing that character for 9 years."
The episode is not a commercial one nor it is an episode of his new web series "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee". Although it is in "short-ish form", the project is longer than 60 seconds and was also filmed in other locations outside Tom's Restaurant. David is involved in the project but not in front of camera. Seinfeld noted that this would be a "one and done" deal, so fans should not expect a full-term reunion.
Speculations that a reunion was on the way emerged when Alexander and Seinfeld were spotted entering NYC's Tom's Restaurant which was used for the frequent setting of the series. Seinfeld also confirmed that he was working on something with David, saying "[Larry David and I] never obsess over anything that isn't mundane. Most recent was intentional mumbling. We wrote this script for this thing that you will eventually see but I can't reveal what it is at this time. All I can do is tell you is that it's big, huge, gigantic. Even bigger than that Amazon package."
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test