Nicollette Sheridan Is Back Fighting 'Desperate Housewives' in Court
Nicollette Sheridan is not over on fighting against the unfair termination she allegedly received on "Desperate Housewives". The 50-year-old actress, who played Edie Britt on the ABC series between 2004 and 2009, filed new court papers through her lawyers last week after Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Stern overturned his decision.
Sheridan sued ABC, Touchstone and series creator Marc Cherry back in 2010 for unfair termination from the show. She alleged that she got the boot after complaining that Cherry hit her during an on-set argument. In March 2012, the jury deadlocked, 8-4, and L.A. Superior Court judge declared it a mistrial. Her request for new hearing was turned down by the California Supreme Court in November that year on the reason that she should have filed within six months of the incident.
Judge Stern has ordered a new trial. The court papers filed by Sheridan's lawyers stated that based on ruling by other judges, there is no requirement to exhaust administrative remedies before filing a labor claim.
A status hearing has been scheduled to take place in April. Touchstone attorney Adam Levin told THR that they would appeal Stern's ruling.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl