Nicollette Sheridan Is Back Fighting 'Desperate Housewives' in Court
Nicollette Sheridan is not over on fighting against the unfair termination she allegedly received on "Desperate Housewives". The 50-year-old actress, who played Edie Britt on the ABC series between 2004 and 2009, filed new court papers through her lawyers last week after Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Stern overturned his decision.
Sheridan sued ABC, Touchstone and series creator Marc Cherry back in 2010 for unfair termination from the show. She alleged that she got the boot after complaining that Cherry hit her during an on-set argument. In March 2012, the jury deadlocked, 8-4, and L.A. Superior Court judge declared it a mistrial. Her request for new hearing was turned down by the California Supreme Court in November that year on the reason that she should have filed within six months of the incident.
Judge Stern has ordered a new trial. The court papers filed by Sheridan's lawyers stated that based on ruling by other judges, there is no requirement to exhaust administrative remedies before filing a labor claim.
A status hearing has been scheduled to take place in April. Touchstone attorney Adam Levin told THR that they would appeal Stern's ruling.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift