Josh Gad Denies 'Fantastic Four' Casting Rumor
Josh Gad responded to rumor that he's circling a role in "The Fantastic Four". The "Frozen (2013)" voice cast member denied he's eying to play Ben Grimm a.k.a. The Thing in the "Fantastic Four" reboot, despite rumor to the contrary.
"Everyone please calm down," the actor tweeted. "There is no truth to rumor of me playing Grimm. Besides, I'm too busy prepping to play a young Luke Skywalker."
A denial also came from a Twitter account which supposedly belonged to director Josh Trank. It should be noted that the same account previously dismissed Miles Teller's casting report as well, but the "Whiplash" actor later confirmed he was indeed testing for a role in the pic.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" scribe Simon Kinberg writes the screenplay. The film is due in the U.S. on June 19, 2015. "Game of Thrones" stars Richard Madden as well as Kit Harington and Teller's "That Awkward Moment" co-star Michael B. Jordan are among the rumored contenders for the lead roles along with Saoirse Ronan and Kate Mara.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'