Oprah Winfrey to Celebrate 60th Birthday With Low-Key Dinner
Oprah Winfrey apparently will celebrate her 60th birthday quietly at home. Sources close to the talk show host told Reuters that Winfrey would have a "quiet dinner" in the seaside town of Montecito on Wednesday, January 29 instead of holding a big bash.
The source also added that the media mogul previously wanted to have "the biggest blowout party I can dream of." Winfrey, however, canceled the plan after "the guest list was getting out of control," E! News reports.
Winfrey recently posted a short video of her taking a class at "Soul Cycle". Joined by her friends at the January 24 session, the birthday girl said, "I just had the best birthday experience ever at SoulCyle." At that time, everyone wore a blue shirt with "Happy Birthday Oprah" message in green letters. A source additionally said that the instructor included many of Winfrey's favorite songs in the 45-minute exercise.
"It's not like Oprah needs anything, but she loves all things, booksâ�¦and she's a fan of cashmere. She has everything, but I don't care who you are, everybody likes a present," Winfrey's best friend Gayle King said of preparing a present for the birthday girl. She added of the January 29 celebration, "She's still trying to figure out what's the best way to celebrate."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen