Oprah Winfrey to Celebrate 60th Birthday With Low-Key Dinner
Oprah Winfrey apparently will celebrate her 60th birthday quietly at home. Sources close to the talk show host told Reuters that Winfrey would have a "quiet dinner" in the seaside town of Montecito on Wednesday, January 29 instead of holding a big bash.
The source also added that the media mogul previously wanted to have "the biggest blowout party I can dream of." Winfrey, however, canceled the plan after "the guest list was getting out of control," E! News reports.
Winfrey recently posted a short video of her taking a class at "Soul Cycle". Joined by her friends at the January 24 session, the birthday girl said, "I just had the best birthday experience ever at SoulCyle." At that time, everyone wore a blue shirt with "Happy Birthday Oprah" message in green letters. A source additionally said that the instructor included many of Winfrey's favorite songs in the 45-minute exercise.
"It's not like Oprah needs anything, but she loves all things, booksâ�¦and she's a fan of cashmere. She has everything, but I don't care who you are, everybody likes a present," Winfrey's best friend Gayle King said of preparing a present for the birthday girl. She added of the January 29 celebration, "She's still trying to figure out what's the best way to celebrate."
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star