Oprah Winfrey to Celebrate 60th Birthday With Low-Key Dinner
Oprah Winfrey apparently will celebrate her 60th birthday quietly at home. Sources close to the talk show host told Reuters that Winfrey would have a "quiet dinner" in the seaside town of Montecito on Wednesday, January 29 instead of holding a big bash.
The source also added that the media mogul previously wanted to have "the biggest blowout party I can dream of." Winfrey, however, canceled the plan after "the guest list was getting out of control," E! News reports.
Winfrey recently posted a short video of her taking a class at "Soul Cycle". Joined by her friends at the January 24 session, the birthday girl said, "I just had the best birthday experience ever at SoulCyle." At that time, everyone wore a blue shirt with "Happy Birthday Oprah" message in green letters. A source additionally said that the instructor included many of Winfrey's favorite songs in the 45-minute exercise.
"It's not like Oprah needs anything, but she loves all things, booksâ�¦and she's a fan of cashmere. She has everything, but I don't care who you are, everybody likes a present," Winfrey's best friend Gayle King said of preparing a present for the birthday girl. She added of the January 29 celebration, "She's still trying to figure out what's the best way to celebrate."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'