Oprah Winfrey to Celebrate 60th Birthday With Low-Key Dinner
Oprah Winfrey apparently will celebrate her 60th birthday quietly at home. Sources close to the talk show host told Reuters that Winfrey would have a "quiet dinner" in the seaside town of Montecito on Wednesday, January 29 instead of holding a big bash.
The source also added that the media mogul previously wanted to have "the biggest blowout party I can dream of." Winfrey, however, canceled the plan after "the guest list was getting out of control," E! News reports.
Winfrey recently posted a short video of her taking a class at "Soul Cycle". Joined by her friends at the January 24 session, the birthday girl said, "I just had the best birthday experience ever at SoulCyle." At that time, everyone wore a blue shirt with "Happy Birthday Oprah" message in green letters. A source additionally said that the instructor included many of Winfrey's favorite songs in the 45-minute exercise.
"It's not like Oprah needs anything, but she loves all things, booksâ�¦and she's a fan of cashmere. She has everything, but I don't care who you are, everybody likes a present," Winfrey's best friend Gayle King said of preparing a present for the birthday girl. She added of the January 29 celebration, "She's still trying to figure out what's the best way to celebrate."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special