Oprah Winfrey to Celebrate 60th Birthday With Low-Key Dinner
Oprah Winfrey apparently will celebrate her 60th birthday quietly at home. Sources close to the talk show host told Reuters that Winfrey would have a "quiet dinner" in the seaside town of Montecito on Wednesday, January 29 instead of holding a big bash.
The source also added that the media mogul previously wanted to have "the biggest blowout party I can dream of." Winfrey, however, canceled the plan after "the guest list was getting out of control," E! News reports.
Winfrey recently posted a short video of her taking a class at "Soul Cycle". Joined by her friends at the January 24 session, the birthday girl said, "I just had the best birthday experience ever at SoulCyle." At that time, everyone wore a blue shirt with "Happy Birthday Oprah" message in green letters. A source additionally said that the instructor included many of Winfrey's favorite songs in the 45-minute exercise.
"It's not like Oprah needs anything, but she loves all things, booksâ�¦and she's a fan of cashmere. She has everything, but I don't care who you are, everybody likes a present," Winfrey's best friend Gayle King said of preparing a present for the birthday girl. She added of the January 29 celebration, "She's still trying to figure out what's the best way to celebrate."
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...