Zooey Deschanel and The Simpsons Featured in Super Bowl Promo
"The Simpsons" may get sidelined by Super Bowl XLVIII this Sunday, but that doesn't mean that the family is not excited about the game. Homer and his family members are featured in a new Super Bowl promo with an animated Zooey Deschanel.
The "New Girl" actress is "contractually obligated" to introduce "America's favorite family", the Simpsons, who are later seen performing a song in anticipation of the annual football game.
Their performance is cut by Fox Sports' Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Curt Menefee and Michael Strahan, who want to take over the broadcast. When Homer makes an inappropriate comment about FOX, they send a robot to remove the family.
Super Bowl XLVIII, which pits the Denver Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks, will air live from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, February 2 on FOX. Zooey Deschanel's series "New Girl" has been given the coveted post-Super Bowl spot, followed by Golden Globe-winning comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" starring Andy Samberg.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'