Zooey Deschanel and The Simpsons Featured in Super Bowl Promo
"The Simpsons" may get sidelined by Super Bowl XLVIII this Sunday, but that doesn't mean that the family is not excited about the game. Homer and his family members are featured in a new Super Bowl promo with an animated Zooey Deschanel.
The "New Girl" actress is "contractually obligated" to introduce "America's favorite family", the Simpsons, who are later seen performing a song in anticipation of the annual football game.
Their performance is cut by Fox Sports' Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Curt Menefee and Michael Strahan, who want to take over the broadcast. When Homer makes an inappropriate comment about FOX, they send a robot to remove the family.
Super Bowl XLVIII, which pits the Denver Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks, will air live from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, February 2 on FOX. Zooey Deschanel's series "New Girl" has been given the coveted post-Super Bowl spot, followed by Golden Globe-winning comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" starring Andy Samberg.
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake