Zooey Deschanel and The Simpsons Featured in Super Bowl Promo
"The Simpsons" may get sidelined by Super Bowl XLVIII this Sunday, but that doesn't mean that the family is not excited about the game. Homer and his family members are featured in a new Super Bowl promo with an animated Zooey Deschanel.
The "New Girl" actress is "contractually obligated" to introduce "America's favorite family", the Simpsons, who are later seen performing a song in anticipation of the annual football game.
Their performance is cut by Fox Sports' Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Curt Menefee and Michael Strahan, who want to take over the broadcast. When Homer makes an inappropriate comment about FOX, they send a robot to remove the family.
Super Bowl XLVIII, which pits the Denver Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks, will air live from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, February 2 on FOX. Zooey Deschanel's series "New Girl" has been given the coveted post-Super Bowl spot, followed by Golden Globe-winning comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" starring Andy Samberg.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7