Zooey Deschanel and The Simpsons Featured in Super Bowl Promo
"The Simpsons" may get sidelined by Super Bowl XLVIII this Sunday, but that doesn't mean that the family is not excited about the game. Homer and his family members are featured in a new Super Bowl promo with an animated Zooey Deschanel.
The "New Girl" actress is "contractually obligated" to introduce "America's favorite family", the Simpsons, who are later seen performing a song in anticipation of the annual football game.
Their performance is cut by Fox Sports' Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Curt Menefee and Michael Strahan, who want to take over the broadcast. When Homer makes an inappropriate comment about FOX, they send a robot to remove the family.
Super Bowl XLVIII, which pits the Denver Broncos against the Seattle Seahawks, will air live from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, February 2 on FOX. Zooey Deschanel's series "New Girl" has been given the coveted post-Super Bowl spot, followed by Golden Globe-winning comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" starring Andy Samberg.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly