First Look at Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who Costume Unveiled
How Peter Capaldi will look like as the new incarnation of Doctor Who has been revealed. BBC has released the first picture of the new Doctor, who's first introduced as the replacement of Matt Smith's the 11th Doctor in the Christmas special.
The 12th Doctor sports a dark blue Crombie coat with red lining, dark blue trousers, a white shirt as well as black Dr. Marten shoes. The look was created by Doctor Who costume designer Howard Burden.
Capaldi comments on the costume, "He's woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord." Showrunner Steven Moffat chimes in, "New Doctor, new era, and of course new clothes. Monsters of the universe, the vacation is over - Capaldi is suited and booted and coming to get you!"
Charlotte Moore, Controller of BBC One, adds, "Peter Capaldi's Doctor is officially recorded in history today with the unveiling of his new costume. It's sharp, smart and stylish - The Twelfth Time Lord means business."
Filming for the upcoming season 8 of the sci-fi series began earlier this month and will continue until August. It is expected to premiere in the U.S. in late 2014 on BBC America.
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick