Garrett Hedlund Gets Hooked to Joe Wright's Peter Pan Movie
Garrett Hedlund has scored a lead role in an upcoming Peter Pan movie, which is being developed at Warner Bros. Pictures. The Don Billingsley of "Friday Night Lights" film has beat out Jack Huston ("Boardwalk Empire", "American Hustle") and Ezra Miller ("The Perks of Being a Wallflower") to get the offer to play Captain Hook in the movie to be directed by Joe Wright, Deadline reports.
According to previous report, Captain Hook will be depicted as Peter Pan's close ally in the movie before they get estranged later. Ryan Gosling was mentioned as one of the candidates considered to take on the role of Hook but he reportedly turned it down.
In the new take on the J.M. Barrie classic, Blackbeard will be the main villain. Hugh Jackman is reportedly approached to play the pirate. Javier Bardem was previously offered the role but he passed on it.
Jason Fuchs writes the script of "Peter Pan (2015)", which is said to tell a story of an orphan taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against evil pirates. Greg Berlanti will produce the adventure-fantasy movie.
Hedlund recently appeared in "Inside Llewyn Davis" from the Coen brothers. He starred as Patroclus opposite Brad Pitt in "Troy" and is also known for his roles as Sam Flynn in "Tron: Legacy" and as Dean Moriarty in "On the Road".
More Pan News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered