Garrett Hedlund Gets Hooked to Joe Wright's Peter Pan Movie
Garrett Hedlund has scored a lead role in an upcoming Peter Pan movie, which is being developed at Warner Bros. Pictures. The Don Billingsley of "Friday Night Lights" film has beat out Jack Huston ("Boardwalk Empire", "American Hustle") and Ezra Miller ("The Perks of Being a Wallflower") to get the offer to play Captain Hook in the movie to be directed by Joe Wright, Deadline reports.
According to previous report, Captain Hook will be depicted as Peter Pan's close ally in the movie before they get estranged later. Ryan Gosling was mentioned as one of the candidates considered to take on the role of Hook but he reportedly turned it down.
In the new take on the J.M. Barrie classic, Blackbeard will be the main villain. Hugh Jackman is reportedly approached to play the pirate. Javier Bardem was previously offered the role but he passed on it.
Jason Fuchs writes the script of "Peter Pan (2015)", which is said to tell a story of an orphan taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against evil pirates. Greg Berlanti will produce the adventure-fantasy movie.
Hedlund recently appeared in "Inside Llewyn Davis" from the Coen brothers. He starred as Patroclus opposite Brad Pitt in "Troy" and is also known for his roles as Sam Flynn in "Tron: Legacy" and as Dean Moriarty in "On the Road".
More Pan News
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List