Garrett Hedlund Gets Hooked to Joe Wright's Peter Pan Movie
Garrett Hedlund has scored a lead role in an upcoming Peter Pan movie, which is being developed at Warner Bros. Pictures. The Don Billingsley of "Friday Night Lights" film has beat out Jack Huston ("Boardwalk Empire", "American Hustle") and Ezra Miller ("The Perks of Being a Wallflower") to get the offer to play Captain Hook in the movie to be directed by Joe Wright, Deadline reports.
According to previous report, Captain Hook will be depicted as Peter Pan's close ally in the movie before they get estranged later. Ryan Gosling was mentioned as one of the candidates considered to take on the role of Hook but he reportedly turned it down.
In the new take on the J.M. Barrie classic, Blackbeard will be the main villain. Hugh Jackman is reportedly approached to play the pirate. Javier Bardem was previously offered the role but he passed on it.
Jason Fuchs writes the script of "Peter Pan (2015)", which is said to tell a story of an orphan taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against evil pirates. Greg Berlanti will produce the adventure-fantasy movie.
Hedlund recently appeared in "Inside Llewyn Davis" from the Coen brothers. He starred as Patroclus opposite Brad Pitt in "Troy" and is also known for his roles as Sam Flynn in "Tron: Legacy" and as Dean Moriarty in "On the Road".
More Pan News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris