Disney to Release 'Frozen' Sing-Along Version on January 31
Disney's "Frozen (2013)" will get a re-release by the end of this month. A sing-along version of the animation blockbuster is set by the Mouse House to make its way out in theaters Stateside starting January 31. On-screen lyrics and a bouncing snowflake will accompany viewers to sing the soundtracks while the movie plays.
The songs include fans' favorites like Kristen Bell and Santino Fontana's "Love Is an Open Door" and Idina Menzel's "Let It Go". The latter, which was covered by former Disney star Demi Lovato in the soundtrack album, was nominated for Best Original Song at the Oscars and recently sang in 25 different languages.
" 'Frozen' fans have embraced the film's original songs and its soundtrack with such passion-there are countless YouTube videos from people singing songs like 'Let It Go'-we decided to create a version that would celebrate that enthusiasm," said Disney's exec Dave Hollis. "It's a great opportunity for families to get together and have some fun with these songs."
Loosely based on Hans Christian Andersen's classic tale "The Snow Queen", the movie grossed more than $763 million worldwide, including $337 million domestically, since debuting in November last year. It became the most successful Disney release of all time. On top of that, it's nominated for Best Animated Feature at the Oscars.
"Let It Go" sang in 25 different languages:
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support