Zac Efron on Life Post-Rehab: 'I'm in the Best Place I've Ever Been'
Zac Efron has spoken up about reports of him checking into rehab last year. Stopping by "Today" show on Tuesday, January 21 alongside Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller to promote their movie "That Awkward Moment", Efron said that he felt happy.
"I know last year was a little bit hard," Savannah Guthrie said to Efron after talking about the rom-com flick. "There were reports that you'd gone to rehab. Anything you want to share about that? I think mostly your fans just want to know how you're doing and that you're OK."
Without mentioning the rehab session, the 26-year-old star replied, "I'm in the best place I've ever been. I've never been this happy before." The former Disney star then added, "I'm extraordinarily grateful for these guys and to be here promoting this movie. I don't know. Things are good. So, thank you for asking."
During a press conference for "That Awkward Moment" in New York City, Efron also mentioned his rehab stint. "I'm so happy. I feel like I'm in a great place and I'm glad that I'm really here to share this moment with everybody and be present for all of it," he said, as quoted by PEOPLE. "It was an interesting year. I learned so many things. So much. The best part of it was being able to reflect upon that experience and realize how much I have learned about myself and the kind of man I want to be."
"This movie, these guys and coming back to it and to New York - just being here in this moment, it just kind of exemplifies it. I couldn't be happier. I'm in a great place," the "Parkland" star continued.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says