'American Idol' Recap: Nikki McKibbin Returns With Teenage Son
An "American Idol" alumna's son is set to follow in the footsteps of his mother. On Thursday, January 16, the singing competition series returned with the second episode where former contestant Nikki McKibbin brought her son Tristen Langley to the auditions in Austin.
Tristen first appeared in the inaugural edition of the reality show in which his mother finished third. Now, the 15-year-old guy tried out for the show. Bringing his guitar, he played before the judges. Harry Connick Jr. thought if it weren't because of his story and his mother, Tristen wouldn't make it through, but Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban's approval was enough to send him to Hollywood.
Also earning the golden tickets in Austin were Quiandra Boston-Pearsall whose friend Jamiah Malik also auditioned but got turned down, Spencer Lloyd whom Harry was jealous of, T.K. Hash who did an impersonation of President Obama and Harry called "likable", and John Fox who dropped out of college to pursue his musical dream.
The second part of the episode highlighted the auditions in San Fransisco. Rachel Rolleri, a 17-year-old girl who has a crush on Keith, made it through to the next round, and so did Emmanuel Zidor who entered the room singing.
Selena Moreno auditioned with her twin sister Sierra, but only one was sent to Hollywood as Sierra was rejected. Briana Oakley from last season returned and earned the golden ticket again, while Adam Roth got "yes" from Keith and J.Lo despite his "schizophrenic" voice.
Rick Rowling, who revealed his plan was to sing badly just for the exposure, and Ronald Reed, who freaked out over seeing J. Lo, were among the bad singers in the episode.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'