Meryl Streep and Weinstein Company Plan Anti-NRA Movie 'The Senator's Wife'
The Weinstein Company reveals plan to target NRA, National Rifle Association, in an upcoming movie. The company will team up with Meryl Streep who has just got a Best Actress nomination at the Oscars for her role in Weinstein's "August: Osage County".
During a visit to "The Howard Stern Show", Harvey Weinstein says, "I'm going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we're going to take this head-on. And they're going to wish they weren't alive after I'm done with them." He adds, "It's going to be like crash and burn."
"I never want to have a gun," the producer tells Howard Stern. He continues, "I don't think we need guns in this country, and I hate it. I think the NRA is a disaster area."
An NRA board member, Ted Nugent, reacts to Weinstein's statement, "I know that God is inspiring the subhuman punk Weinstein to create what is going to be the most powerful promotional tool for the NRA ever because people are smarter than he acknowledges."
In a segment for the group's news show, "Cam & Company", the 65-year-old rocker continues, "And they will see that Joseph Goebbels and Saul Alinsky is alive in the form a fat punk named Harvey Weinstein and as he tries to destroy the NRA it will backfire on him."
"I don't know if Harvey Weinstein has had a lifetime of drug and substance abuse, but he certainly sounds like it. You have to be brain-dead to believe that the gun-free zones of Chicago and Nuremberg [Germany] in 1938 are a desirable condition," he utters.
Calling the movie producer a "brain-dead idiot" and a "descendant of the ultimate putz," Nugent concludes as quoted by Media Matters, "Harvey Weinstein is on the side of criminals. The NRA is on the side of innocent victims protecting themselves from criminals."
According to Deadline, the movie is called "The Senator's Wife". Described as "the new Mr. Smith Goes to Washington," it will be a behind-the-scenes account of how the NRA used its influence with politicians to defeat the recent gun control bill.
Streep's next films include drama "The Homesman", Disney's musical "Into the Woods", and an adaptation of children's book "The Giver".
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set