Meryl Streep and Weinstein Company Plan Anti-NRA Movie 'The Senator's Wife'
The Weinstein Company reveals plan to target NRA, National Rifle Association, in an upcoming movie. The company will team up with Meryl Streep who has just got a Best Actress nomination at the Oscars for her role in Weinstein's "August: Osage County".
During a visit to "The Howard Stern Show", Harvey Weinstein says, "I'm going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we're going to take this head-on. And they're going to wish they weren't alive after I'm done with them." He adds, "It's going to be like crash and burn."
"I never want to have a gun," the producer tells Howard Stern. He continues, "I don't think we need guns in this country, and I hate it. I think the NRA is a disaster area."
An NRA board member, Ted Nugent, reacts to Weinstein's statement, "I know that God is inspiring the subhuman punk Weinstein to create what is going to be the most powerful promotional tool for the NRA ever because people are smarter than he acknowledges."
In a segment for the group's news show, "Cam & Company", the 65-year-old rocker continues, "And they will see that Joseph Goebbels and Saul Alinsky is alive in the form a fat punk named Harvey Weinstein and as he tries to destroy the NRA it will backfire on him."
"I don't know if Harvey Weinstein has had a lifetime of drug and substance abuse, but he certainly sounds like it. You have to be brain-dead to believe that the gun-free zones of Chicago and Nuremberg [Germany] in 1938 are a desirable condition," he utters.
Calling the movie producer a "brain-dead idiot" and a "descendant of the ultimate putz," Nugent concludes as quoted by Media Matters, "Harvey Weinstein is on the side of criminals. The NRA is on the side of innocent victims protecting themselves from criminals."
According to Deadline, the movie is called "The Senator's Wife". Described as "the new Mr. Smith Goes to Washington," it will be a behind-the-scenes account of how the NRA used its influence with politicians to defeat the recent gun control bill.
Streep's next films include drama "The Homesman", Disney's musical "Into the Woods", and an adaptation of children's book "The Giver".
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz