Queen May Release New Track With Freddie Mercury's Vocals
Queen has teased a new track with the late frontman Freddie Mercury's vocals featured in it. Brian May, the band's legendary guitarist who has recovered from prostate cancer, talked about his health and the Queen record on his official website
"I had a great day in the studio today anyway, even before the welcome news," he wrote. "And some Queen magic is happening... I can feel it in my bones. It's annoying to have to be so secretive, but I guess I have to, for now."
"What I can say is the track we dusted off today has the four of us, Freddie, John, Roger and myself, playing together on a track we'd forgotten about that was never finished," he continued.
"It sounds so fresh," he added. "I got quite emotional hearing some of it... some rough takes, some discussion and banter, and then a really good take and some overdubs, and well... it's crying out to be finally brought into the world."
He then expressed his surprise and gratitude that no one had obtained the tape and leaked it during the intervening years.
Mercury died in 1991. Four years later, Queen released their 15th and final album "Made in Heaven". Last November, it was revealed that May was working on unreleased tracks from the band.
More Queen News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?