Queen May Release New Track With Freddie Mercury's Vocals
Queen has teased a new track with the late frontman Freddie Mercury's vocals featured in it. Brian May, the band's legendary guitarist who has recovered from prostate cancer, talked about his health and the Queen record on his official website
"I had a great day in the studio today anyway, even before the welcome news," he wrote. "And some Queen magic is happening... I can feel it in my bones. It's annoying to have to be so secretive, but I guess I have to, for now."
"What I can say is the track we dusted off today has the four of us, Freddie, John, Roger and myself, playing together on a track we'd forgotten about that was never finished," he continued.
"It sounds so fresh," he added. "I got quite emotional hearing some of it... some rough takes, some discussion and banter, and then a really good take and some overdubs, and well... it's crying out to be finally brought into the world."
He then expressed his surprise and gratitude that no one had obtained the tape and leaked it during the intervening years.
Mercury died in 1991. Four years later, Queen released their 15th and final album "Made in Heaven". Last November, it was revealed that May was working on unreleased tracks from the band.
More Queen News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic