Queen May Release New Track With Freddie Mercury's Vocals
Queen has teased a new track with the late frontman Freddie Mercury's vocals featured in it. Brian May, the band's legendary guitarist who has recovered from prostate cancer, talked about his health and the Queen record on his official website
"I had a great day in the studio today anyway, even before the welcome news," he wrote. "And some Queen magic is happening... I can feel it in my bones. It's annoying to have to be so secretive, but I guess I have to, for now."
"What I can say is the track we dusted off today has the four of us, Freddie, John, Roger and myself, playing together on a track we'd forgotten about that was never finished," he continued.
"It sounds so fresh," he added. "I got quite emotional hearing some of it... some rough takes, some discussion and banter, and then a really good take and some overdubs, and well... it's crying out to be finally brought into the world."
He then expressed his surprise and gratitude that no one had obtained the tape and leaked it during the intervening years.
Mercury died in 1991. Four years later, Queen released their 15th and final album "Made in Heaven". Last November, it was revealed that May was working on unreleased tracks from the band.
More Queen News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked