'Despicable Me 3' Books June 2017 Release Date
Universal has set release dates for Illumination Entertainment's animated projects. In the wake of "Despicable Me 2" box office success, the studio announces the sequel to 2013's second-highest grossing film is due in the U.S. on June 30, 2017. Before "Despicable Me 3" comes out, a "Minions" spinoff will open in theaters July 10, 2015.
Meanwhile, a new adaptation of Dr. Seuss' classic children's book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is slated to be released Stateside on November 17, 2017, seventeen years after Ron Howard's version came out in theaters. The new take will be directed by Pete Candeland and scripted by Michael LeSieur.
The third Illumination project that gets a release date is an untitled animated feature from "Son of Rambow" director Garth Jennings. It is scheduled to play in theaters across the country on December 21, 2016. The story will be "about courage, competition and carrying a tune." Other details are still unavailable.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival