'Despicable Me 3' Books June 2017 Release Date
Universal has set release dates for Illumination Entertainment's animated projects. In the wake of "Despicable Me 2" box office success, the studio announces the sequel to 2013's second-highest grossing film is due in the U.S. on June 30, 2017. Before "Despicable Me 3" comes out, a "Minions" spinoff will open in theaters July 10, 2015.
Meanwhile, a new adaptation of Dr. Seuss' classic children's book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is slated to be released Stateside on November 17, 2017, seventeen years after Ron Howard's version came out in theaters. The new take will be directed by Pete Candeland and scripted by Michael LeSieur.
The third Illumination project that gets a release date is an untitled animated feature from "Son of Rambow" director Garth Jennings. It is scheduled to play in theaters across the country on December 21, 2016. The story will be "about courage, competition and carrying a tune." Other details are still unavailable.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...