'Despicable Me 3' Books June 2017 Release Date
Universal has set release dates for Illumination Entertainment's animated projects. In the wake of "Despicable Me 2" box office success, the studio announces the sequel to 2013's second-highest grossing film is due in the U.S. on June 30, 2017. Before "Despicable Me 3" comes out, a "Minions" spinoff will open in theaters July 10, 2015.
Meanwhile, a new adaptation of Dr. Seuss' classic children's book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is slated to be released Stateside on November 17, 2017, seventeen years after Ron Howard's version came out in theaters. The new take will be directed by Pete Candeland and scripted by Michael LeSieur.
The third Illumination project that gets a release date is an untitled animated feature from "Son of Rambow" director Garth Jennings. It is scheduled to play in theaters across the country on December 21, 2016. The story will be "about courage, competition and carrying a tune." Other details are still unavailable.
More Despicable Me 3 News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video