'Despicable Me 3' Books June 2017 Release Date
Universal has set release dates for Illumination Entertainment's animated projects. In the wake of "Despicable Me 2" box office success, the studio announces the sequel to 2013's second-highest grossing film is due in the U.S. on June 30, 2017. Before "Despicable Me 3" comes out, a "Minions" spinoff will open in theaters July 10, 2015.
Meanwhile, a new adaptation of Dr. Seuss' classic children's book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is slated to be released Stateside on November 17, 2017, seventeen years after Ron Howard's version came out in theaters. The new take will be directed by Pete Candeland and scripted by Michael LeSieur.
The third Illumination project that gets a release date is an untitled animated feature from "Son of Rambow" director Garth Jennings. It is scheduled to play in theaters across the country on December 21, 2016. The story will be "about courage, competition and carrying a tune." Other details are still unavailable.
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'