'Despicable Me 3' Books June 2017 Release Date
Universal has set release dates for Illumination Entertainment's animated projects. In the wake of "Despicable Me 2" box office success, the studio announces the sequel to 2013's second-highest grossing film is due in the U.S. on June 30, 2017. Before "Despicable Me 3" comes out, a "Minions" spinoff will open in theaters July 10, 2015.
Meanwhile, a new adaptation of Dr. Seuss' classic children's book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is slated to be released Stateside on November 17, 2017, seventeen years after Ron Howard's version came out in theaters. The new take will be directed by Pete Candeland and scripted by Michael LeSieur.
The third Illumination project that gets a release date is an untitled animated feature from "Son of Rambow" director Garth Jennings. It is scheduled to play in theaters across the country on December 21, 2016. The story will be "about courage, competition and carrying a tune." Other details are still unavailable.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'