Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Play Surprise Performance on NYC Bus
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis stunned the passengers of an NYC bus with a surprise performance of their hit single "Can't Hold Us". The performance was a part of the Grammy's "Music Unleashes Us" multiplatform ad campaign, which aims to capture people's natural, visceral and sometimes uncontrollable reactions to music.
In the campaign video, the duo can be seen wearing hoodies as they boarded a Bronx bus. After paying their fare, Lewis drops his hoodie and turns on the music from his boombox while Macklemore walks down the bus aisle, tossing paper towels and spitting his bars.
Some passengers are visibly confused when the rap duo begins their impromptu performance, but they are later seen smiling, taking some videos or pictures with their phones, even clapping their hands and dancing along to the tune.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are nominated for seven awards at the upcoming Grammy Awards. They will compete against other musicians in categories that include Best New Artist, Song of the Year for their "Same Love" and the prestigious Album of the Year for "The Heist".
They will also join artists like Taylor Swift, Daft Punk, Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar to take the stage at the event as performers in the ceremony which will take place at Los Angeles' Staples Center on January 26.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip