Quentin Tarantino Eying Christoph Waltz and Bruce Dern for 'The Hateful Eight'
The title of Quentin Tarantino's next film is revealed. The "Django Unchained" helmer is working on a western movie called "The Hateful Eight" with Christoph Waltz and Bruce Dern in the mix to play the lead roles.
Pilar Savone will serve as producer. Both Savone and Waltz previously worked with Tarantino in "Django Unchained" and "Inglourious Basterds". Both films earned Waltz the coveted Best Supporting Actor title at the Academy Awards.
"I had so much fun doing 'Django'," the director told Jay Leno last year of his next project, "and I love westerns so much that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'OK! Let me make another one now that I know what I'm doing.' "
The plot detail is still scarce, but the "Hateful Eight" draws comparison to another western film "The Magnificent Seven". Based on Akira Kurosawa's classic "Seven Samurai", the John Sturges 1960 pic is planned to be remade with Tom Cruise originally on board.
It follows a gang of American gunmen hired to protect a small Mexican town from a group of bandits led by Calvera. The original starred Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn, Brad Dexter and Horst Buchholz.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz