Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard Join 'Diary of a Teenage Girl'
Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard are set to share screen in "The Diary of a Teenage Girl". Coming from first-time writer-director Marielle Heller, the upcoming feature film is an adaptation of Phoebe Gloeckner's graphic novel of the same title.
The movie set in 1970s will follow a brutally honest teenage artist as she attempts to navigate her way through an affair with her mother's boyfriend. 21-year-old British actress Bel Powley is tapped to portray the lead role, marking her U.S. feature debut.
Wiig gained a lot of attention through her stint on "Saturday Night Live" and made a breakthrough performance on the big screen in "Bridesmaids". The actress was recently starring opposite Ben Stiller in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".
Skarsgard, meanwhile, is best known for his role as vampire sheriff of Area 5 in "True Blood". In 2013, he at least had three movie releases, "What Maisie Knew", "Disconnect" and "The East". He is currently involved in the production of "The Giver".
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake