Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard Join 'Diary of a Teenage Girl'
Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard are set to share screen in "The Diary of a Teenage Girl". Coming from first-time writer-director Marielle Heller, the upcoming feature film is an adaptation of Phoebe Gloeckner's graphic novel of the same title.
The movie set in 1970s will follow a brutally honest teenage artist as she attempts to navigate her way through an affair with her mother's boyfriend. 21-year-old British actress Bel Powley is tapped to portray the lead role, marking her U.S. feature debut.
Wiig gained a lot of attention through her stint on "Saturday Night Live" and made a breakthrough performance on the big screen in "Bridesmaids". The actress was recently starring opposite Ben Stiller in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".
Skarsgard, meanwhile, is best known for his role as vampire sheriff of Area 5 in "True Blood". In 2013, he at least had three movie releases, "What Maisie Knew", "Disconnect" and "The East". He is currently involved in the production of "The Giver".
- Nick Jonas Is in Talks for 'Jumanji' Reboot, Chris Evans Circles Lead Role in Lionsgate's 'Jekyll'
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards