Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard Join 'Diary of a Teenage Girl'
Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard are set to share screen in "The Diary of a Teenage Girl". Coming from first-time writer-director Marielle Heller, the upcoming feature film is an adaptation of Phoebe Gloeckner's graphic novel of the same title.
The movie set in 1970s will follow a brutally honest teenage artist as she attempts to navigate her way through an affair with her mother's boyfriend. 21-year-old British actress Bel Powley is tapped to portray the lead role, marking her U.S. feature debut.
Wiig gained a lot of attention through her stint on "Saturday Night Live" and made a breakthrough performance on the big screen in "Bridesmaids". The actress was recently starring opposite Ben Stiller in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".
Skarsgard, meanwhile, is best known for his role as vampire sheriff of Area 5 in "True Blood". In 2013, he at least had three movie releases, "What Maisie Knew", "Disconnect" and "The East". He is currently involved in the production of "The Giver".
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'