Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard Join 'Diary of a Teenage Girl'
Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard are set to share screen in "The Diary of a Teenage Girl". Coming from first-time writer-director Marielle Heller, the upcoming feature film is an adaptation of Phoebe Gloeckner's graphic novel of the same title.
The movie set in 1970s will follow a brutally honest teenage artist as she attempts to navigate her way through an affair with her mother's boyfriend. 21-year-old British actress Bel Powley is tapped to portray the lead role, marking her U.S. feature debut.
Wiig gained a lot of attention through her stint on "Saturday Night Live" and made a breakthrough performance on the big screen in "Bridesmaids". The actress was recently starring opposite Ben Stiller in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".
Skarsgard, meanwhile, is best known for his role as vampire sheriff of Area 5 in "True Blood". In 2013, he at least had three movie releases, "What Maisie Knew", "Disconnect" and "The East". He is currently involved in the production of "The Giver".
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction