Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard Join 'Diary of a Teenage Girl'
Kristen Wiig and Alexander Skarsgard are set to share screen in "The Diary of a Teenage Girl". Coming from first-time writer-director Marielle Heller, the upcoming feature film is an adaptation of Phoebe Gloeckner's graphic novel of the same title.
The movie set in 1970s will follow a brutally honest teenage artist as she attempts to navigate her way through an affair with her mother's boyfriend. 21-year-old British actress Bel Powley is tapped to portray the lead role, marking her U.S. feature debut.
Wiig gained a lot of attention through her stint on "Saturday Night Live" and made a breakthrough performance on the big screen in "Bridesmaids". The actress was recently starring opposite Ben Stiller in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".
Skarsgard, meanwhile, is best known for his role as vampire sheriff of Area 5 in "True Blood". In 2013, he at least had three movie releases, "What Maisie Knew", "Disconnect" and "The East". He is currently involved in the production of "The Giver".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding