'The Better Angels' Teaser and First Clips Depict Young Abraham Lincoln
The first sneak-peek videos for Terrence Malick-produced drama "The Better Angels" have arrived in a form of a teaser and two clips. The teaser shows the quiet life of Abraham Lincoln's family in the outskirt of the city. Jason Clarke and Diane Kruger star as his parents.
One of the clips features the father dragging the young Abe from under the tree where he reads a book to the field where he is handed a hoe. In the other clip, the young kid is seen carrying a shotgun and tagging along his father to the forest to learn how to hunt.
A directorial debut of Malick's protege A.J. Edwards, the biographical drama is set in the early 1800's and spanning nearly three years in the stark wilderness of Indiana. It tells of the boyhood hardships that shaped Abraham Lincoln, the tragedy that marked him forever and the two women who guided him to immortality.
The movie will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 18.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences