'The Better Angels' Teaser and First Clips Depict Young Abraham Lincoln
The first sneak-peek videos for Terrence Malick-produced drama "The Better Angels" have arrived in a form of a teaser and two clips. The teaser shows the quiet life of Abraham Lincoln's family in the outskirt of the city. Jason Clarke and Diane Kruger star as his parents.
One of the clips features the father dragging the young Abe from under the tree where he reads a book to the field where he is handed a hoe. In the other clip, the young kid is seen carrying a shotgun and tagging along his father to the forest to learn how to hunt.
A directorial debut of Malick's protege A.J. Edwards, the biographical drama is set in the early 1800's and spanning nearly three years in the stark wilderness of Indiana. It tells of the boyhood hardships that shaped Abraham Lincoln, the tragedy that marked him forever and the two women who guided him to immortality.
The movie will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 18.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'