'The Better Angels' Teaser and First Clips Depict Young Abraham Lincoln
The first sneak-peek videos for Terrence Malick-produced drama "The Better Angels" have arrived in a form of a teaser and two clips. The teaser shows the quiet life of Abraham Lincoln's family in the outskirt of the city. Jason Clarke and Diane Kruger star as his parents.
One of the clips features the father dragging the young Abe from under the tree where he reads a book to the field where he is handed a hoe. In the other clip, the young kid is seen carrying a shotgun and tagging along his father to the forest to learn how to hunt.
A directorial debut of Malick's protege A.J. Edwards, the biographical drama is set in the early 1800's and spanning nearly three years in the stark wilderness of Indiana. It tells of the boyhood hardships that shaped Abraham Lincoln, the tragedy that marked him forever and the two women who guided him to immortality.
The movie will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 18.
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting