'The Better Angels' Teaser and First Clips Depict Young Abraham Lincoln
The first sneak-peek videos for Terrence Malick-produced drama "The Better Angels" have arrived in a form of a teaser and two clips. The teaser shows the quiet life of Abraham Lincoln's family in the outskirt of the city. Jason Clarke and Diane Kruger star as his parents.
One of the clips features the father dragging the young Abe from under the tree where he reads a book to the field where he is handed a hoe. In the other clip, the young kid is seen carrying a shotgun and tagging along his father to the forest to learn how to hunt.
A directorial debut of Malick's protege A.J. Edwards, the biographical drama is set in the early 1800's and spanning nearly three years in the stark wilderness of Indiana. It tells of the boyhood hardships that shaped Abraham Lincoln, the tragedy that marked him forever and the two women who guided him to immortality.
The movie will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 18.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival