'The Better Angels' Teaser and First Clips Depict Young Abraham Lincoln
The first sneak-peek videos for Terrence Malick-produced drama "The Better Angels" have arrived in a form of a teaser and two clips. The teaser shows the quiet life of Abraham Lincoln's family in the outskirt of the city. Jason Clarke and Diane Kruger star as his parents.
One of the clips features the father dragging the young Abe from under the tree where he reads a book to the field where he is handed a hoe. In the other clip, the young kid is seen carrying a shotgun and tagging along his father to the forest to learn how to hunt.
A directorial debut of Malick's protege A.J. Edwards, the biographical drama is set in the early 1800's and spanning nearly three years in the stark wilderness of Indiana. It tells of the boyhood hardships that shaped Abraham Lincoln, the tragedy that marked him forever and the two women who guided him to immortality.
The movie will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 18.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses