Young Jeezy Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Son
Rapper Young Jeezy has been arrested after he allegedly assaulted his own teenage son back in September 2012. TMZ reports that the "Soul Survivor" hitmaker has been arrested in Atlanta on charges of battery, false imprisonment and making terroristic threats against his own son. A grand jury warrant was issued and Jeezy turned himself in to the authorities on Friday, January 3. He was released after posting a $45,000 bond.
According to court documents obtained by the site, Jeezy threw his son into a glass door during an altercation. The rapper then allegedly hit his son in the face, dragged him into the bedroom, threw him on the bed and attacked him.
During the fight, Jeezy allegedly threatened his son, telling him, "I will kill you," and chocked him. According to the teenager, his father also said, "I will put a bullet in your head right now." The report additionally mentioned that Jeezy's son tried to escape, but the rapper's bodyguard blocked the stairs.
An attorney for Jeezy, whose real name is Jay Wayne Jenkins, has released a statement about the case. "We have no doubt this matter will resolve itself appropriately. At this moment, Mr. Jenkins is thankful for the support of his fans and the respect for his family's privacy," the attorney said.
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick