Matt Reeves Set to Direct and Write 'Planet of the Apes 3'
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" hasn't arrived in theaters just yet, but 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have already secured a director for the third film. Matt Reeves, who directed the second installment in the franchise, is signed on to return to his seat behind the lens for the threequel.
The "Cloverfield" helmer is also confirmed to write the script for "Planet of the Apes 3" along with Mark Bomback, one of the writers who penned the screenplay for the second film which is due to open in the United States on July 11.
Reeves took over the helming duty in the sequel from Rupert Wyatt who directed the first film in the rebooted series, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". The second film will take place years after the apes broke free and devastating virus threatened to wipe out humankind was unleashed at the end of the first chapter. Both sides are now brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
In the upcoming second movie, Andy Serkis returns as Caesar and Judy Greer portrays Caesar's love interest. The likes of Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Keri Russell are added to replace the human cast in the first film previously led by James Franco.
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert