Matt Reeves Set to Direct and Write 'Planet of the Apes 3'
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" hasn't arrived in theaters just yet, but 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have already secured a director for the third film. Matt Reeves, who directed the second installment in the franchise, is signed on to return to his seat behind the lens for the threequel.
The "Cloverfield" helmer is also confirmed to write the script for "Planet of the Apes 3" along with Mark Bomback, one of the writers who penned the screenplay for the second film which is due to open in the United States on July 11.
Reeves took over the helming duty in the sequel from Rupert Wyatt who directed the first film in the rebooted series, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". The second film will take place years after the apes broke free and devastating virus threatened to wipe out humankind was unleashed at the end of the first chapter. Both sides are now brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
In the upcoming second movie, Andy Serkis returns as Caesar and Judy Greer portrays Caesar's love interest. The likes of Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Keri Russell are added to replace the human cast in the first film previously led by James Franco.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard