Matt Reeves Set to Direct and Write 'Planet of the Apes 3'
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" hasn't arrived in theaters just yet, but 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have already secured a director for the third film. Matt Reeves, who directed the second installment in the franchise, is signed on to return to his seat behind the lens for the threequel.
The "Cloverfield" helmer is also confirmed to write the script for "Planet of the Apes 3" along with Mark Bomback, one of the writers who penned the screenplay for the second film which is due to open in the United States on July 11.
Reeves took over the helming duty in the sequel from Rupert Wyatt who directed the first film in the rebooted series, "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". The second film will take place years after the apes broke free and devastating virus threatened to wipe out humankind was unleashed at the end of the first chapter. Both sides are now brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
In the upcoming second movie, Andy Serkis returns as Caesar and Judy Greer portrays Caesar's love interest. The likes of Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Keri Russell are added to replace the human cast in the first film previously led by James Franco.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie