'Transcendence' Full Trailer: Johnny Depp's Brain Uploaded Into Computer
Johnny Depp goes full AI in the first full trailer for "Transcendence". He plays an artificial intelligence researcher named Dr. Will Caster who is gunned down by a member of anti-technology extremist. As his body is dying due to a poison laced in the bullet, his mind is uploaded into a computer by his wife in a desperate attempt to save him.
A third teaser featuring a new narration by a female voice of the extremist group RIFT (Revolutionary Independence From Technology) has also arrived online. "The biggest threat humanity has ever faced is one of our own making. Self-aware technology," she says. "Computers control our banks, our airports, our national security, our lives. Once they're able to think for themselves, they'll use this power to destroy us."
The movie is supported by Morgan Freeman, Rebecca Hall, Kate Mara, Cillian Murphy and Paul Bettany. It's the directional debut of Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister ("The Dark Knight", "Inception").
Written by newcomer Jack Paglen, the sci-fi is co-produced by Pfister's longtime collaborator Christopher Nolan. The story appeared on the 2012 Black List, a list of Hollywood's most anticipated unproduced screenplays. It's due for U.S. release on April 18, 2014.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences