'Transcendence' Full Trailer: Johnny Depp's Brain Uploaded Into Computer
Johnny Depp goes full AI in the first full trailer for "Transcendence". He plays an artificial intelligence researcher named Dr. Will Caster who is gunned down by a member of anti-technology extremist. As his body is dying due to a poison laced in the bullet, his mind is uploaded into a computer by his wife in a desperate attempt to save him.
A third teaser featuring a new narration by a female voice of the extremist group RIFT (Revolutionary Independence From Technology) has also arrived online. "The biggest threat humanity has ever faced is one of our own making. Self-aware technology," she says. "Computers control our banks, our airports, our national security, our lives. Once they're able to think for themselves, they'll use this power to destroy us."
The movie is supported by Morgan Freeman, Rebecca Hall, Kate Mara, Cillian Murphy and Paul Bettany. It's the directional debut of Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister ("The Dark Knight", "Inception").
Written by newcomer Jack Paglen, the sci-fi is co-produced by Pfister's longtime collaborator Christopher Nolan. The story appeared on the 2012 Black List, a list of Hollywood's most anticipated unproduced screenplays. It's due for U.S. release on April 18, 2014.
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Get a Glimpse of Demi Moore and Eva Longoria in 'Empire' Season 3B Teaser
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- New Teaser for 'Love Actually' Short Film Reunites Original Cast Members
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods