Marie Osmond Welcomes Grandson
Marie Osmond is now a grandmother. The 54-year-old star took to Twitter on Wednesday, December 18 to announce the good news. "Hey everyone .....I just became a GRANDMA!!!!!!!!" she wrote in an excited-sounding tweet. "It's a boy!" she added.
The singer/actress revealed during an appearance on "The Talk" in June that her son Stephen and his wife Claire would welcome their first child together. Stopping by the show, Osmond jokingly told the audience that she was pregnant. When welcomed with loud cheers, she exclaimed, "No, no, no! But my daughter-in-law is!"
Osmond also revealed how her son broke the news to her on his 30th birthday. "He blew out the candles and then blew me away and said, 'You're going to be a grandma!' So, it's really fun," she gushed.
Osmond and Stephen's father, Stephen Craig Sr., got divorced in 1985. The couple, however, remarried in a private ceremony in Las Vegas on May 4, 2011. It was "probably the most beautiful day I have had in I don't remember [how long]. Everything has been perfect and we just both can't believe it. We're so happy, and you know how you just know when something's right? Yeah," she explained to Entertainment Tonight.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards