Prince Set to Headline 20th Annual Essence Festival
Prince has been announced as a headliner at the 2014 Essence Festival. The 20th annual event is set to take place on July 3-6 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. It's still unknown when exactly the musician is going to perform.
"Welcoming an artist as iconic as Prince back to the Essence Festival for a 20th anniversary performance is incredibly exciting," said Michelle Ebanks, president of Essence. More performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
It won't be Prince's first time to make an appearance at the festival billed as one of the biggest events for black artists in the country. The "Breakfast Can Wait" singer was featured when the festival celebrated its 10th anniversary back in 2004.
Prince, who's well known for his hits that include "1999", "Cool" and "Purple Rain", is currently gearing up to play three shows at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut on December 27-29. The 55-year-old entertainer is also working on his new album, "Plectrum Electrum", which is expected to arrive next year.
More Prince News
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom