Christian Slater and Girlfriend Brittany Lopez Tie the Knot
Christian Slater is now a married man. He married his girlfriend Brittany Lopez on Monday, December 2, his representative confirms to PEOPLE. The couple exchanged vows in an impromptu ceremony at the courthouse in Coral Gables, Fla.
They actually went to the courthouse to get their marriage license, but spontaneously decided to get married. A photo taken by a courthouse clerk after the wedding shows the newlyweds kissing sweetly. The two wear matching black outfits.
This is a second marriage for Slater. The "Nymphomaniac" star previously was married to Ryan Haddon, but they split in 2009. The couple has two children together.
The 44-year-old actor revealed his engagement back in February as he stopped by "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". Slater additionally revealed how he met Lopez, saying that at first he thought she was a lesbian.
"I went down to Miami a couple years ago, stayed at this little resort called Little Palm Island... and this girl came walking along with another lady, a slightly older lady. I was sitting in my usual spot, eating my oatmeal that morning... and this spot was famous for people proposing to each other... and next thing I know she gets down on one knee and proposes to this older lady," the "Mind Games" star revealed.
"I thought I had just witnessed a nice lesbian engagement, so I was coming over to say congratulations, but it turns out it was her aunt and she was just trying to help her aunt capture the beauty and the romance of the moment. She was making a joke, and I witnessed it, and it intrigued me, and the next thing I know we were hanging out in the Everglades," Slater continued.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen