FOX Orders New Animated Series From Seth MacFarlane
FOX has nabbed another animated series from Seth MacFarlane. The network has given a 13-episode order to "Bordertown", which will be executive produced by the "Ted" director and "Family Guy" producer/scribe Mark Hentemann.
Hentemann created the new comedy which takes a satirical look at the cultural shifts occurring throughout America. It is set in a fictitious desert town in Texas and centers on the intertwining daily lives of two neighbors.
On the center of the story is Bud Buckwald, a married father of three who serves as a border patrol agent who isn't adjusting well to the cultural changes around him. Living next door to Bud is Ernesto, an industrious Mexican immigrant and father of four, who is proud to be making it in America. As Bud and Ernesto's paths begin to cross, their families become bound by friendship, romance and conflict.
The new cartoon is expected to air during 2014-2015 TV season, but no official premiere date is announced yet. The show will join FOX's animation block including "The Simpsons", "Bob's Burgers" and "Family Guy". Meanwhile, "American Dad!", which also hails from MacFarlane, will move to TBS in 2014.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC