FOX Orders New Animated Series From Seth MacFarlane
FOX has nabbed another animated series from Seth MacFarlane. The network has given a 13-episode order to "Bordertown", which will be executive produced by the "Ted" director and "Family Guy" producer/scribe Mark Hentemann.
Hentemann created the new comedy which takes a satirical look at the cultural shifts occurring throughout America. It is set in a fictitious desert town in Texas and centers on the intertwining daily lives of two neighbors.
On the center of the story is Bud Buckwald, a married father of three who serves as a border patrol agent who isn't adjusting well to the cultural changes around him. Living next door to Bud is Ernesto, an industrious Mexican immigrant and father of four, who is proud to be making it in America. As Bud and Ernesto's paths begin to cross, their families become bound by friendship, romance and conflict.
The new cartoon is expected to air during 2014-2015 TV season, but no official premiere date is announced yet. The show will join FOX's animation block including "The Simpsons", "Bob's Burgers" and "Family Guy". Meanwhile, "American Dad!", which also hails from MacFarlane, will move to TBS in 2014.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season