FOX Orders New Animated Series From Seth MacFarlane
FOX has nabbed another animated series from Seth MacFarlane. The network has given a 13-episode order to "Bordertown", which will be executive produced by the "Ted" director and "Family Guy" producer/scribe Mark Hentemann.
Hentemann created the new comedy which takes a satirical look at the cultural shifts occurring throughout America. It is set in a fictitious desert town in Texas and centers on the intertwining daily lives of two neighbors.
On the center of the story is Bud Buckwald, a married father of three who serves as a border patrol agent who isn't adjusting well to the cultural changes around him. Living next door to Bud is Ernesto, an industrious Mexican immigrant and father of four, who is proud to be making it in America. As Bud and Ernesto's paths begin to cross, their families become bound by friendship, romance and conflict.
The new cartoon is expected to air during 2014-2015 TV season, but no official premiere date is announced yet. The show will join FOX's animation block including "The Simpsons", "Bob's Burgers" and "Family Guy". Meanwhile, "American Dad!", which also hails from MacFarlane, will move to TBS in 2014.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns