FOX Orders New Animated Series From Seth MacFarlane
FOX has nabbed another animated series from Seth MacFarlane. The network has given a 13-episode order to "Bordertown", which will be executive produced by the "Ted" director and "Family Guy" producer/scribe Mark Hentemann.
Hentemann created the new comedy which takes a satirical look at the cultural shifts occurring throughout America. It is set in a fictitious desert town in Texas and centers on the intertwining daily lives of two neighbors.
On the center of the story is Bud Buckwald, a married father of three who serves as a border patrol agent who isn't adjusting well to the cultural changes around him. Living next door to Bud is Ernesto, an industrious Mexican immigrant and father of four, who is proud to be making it in America. As Bud and Ernesto's paths begin to cross, their families become bound by friendship, romance and conflict.
The new cartoon is expected to air during 2014-2015 TV season, but no official premiere date is announced yet. The show will join FOX's animation block including "The Simpsons", "Bob's Burgers" and "Family Guy". Meanwhile, "American Dad!", which also hails from MacFarlane, will move to TBS in 2014.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season