Eminem Lined Up to Perform at MTV EMAs
Eminem is the latest musician to join the stellar line-up of performers at the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards. The Detroit MC announced the news by posting a 15-second video on his Twitter on Friday, November 8.
In the clip, a mystery man places a cassette tape into an old-school boombox which is sitting next to a European Music Award statue. The man then presses the play button and a snippet of Eminem's "Berzerk" blasts.
Eminem is joining previously-announced performers that include Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, The Killers, Snoop Dogg and Afrojack. The Slim Shady is expected to perform new material taken from his newest album "MMLP2". The record is set to enter Billboard 200 at No. 1 with 750,000 copies, marking the second-largest sales week of the year.
In addition to performing, the 41-year-old entertainer is set to battle against other musicians in Best Male and Best Hip-Hip categories.
This year's MTV EMAs airs in the U.S. on November 10 live from the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. Hosted by LMFAO's Redfoo, the event will also feature Jared Leto, Rita Ora, Iggy Azalea, Ellie Goulding and Will Ferrell's Ron Burgundy as guest presenters.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist