Arcade Fire's 'Reflektor' Lands at Billboard 200's No. 1
Arcade Fire has their newest album, "Reflektor", landed at No. 1 on Billboard 200. Nielsen SoundScan reports that the Canadian rock band's fourth studio album has sold 140,000 copies in its first week.
"Reflektor" marks the band's second No. 1 album. Win Butler and his bandmates previously entered the chart's top slot with the album's predecessor, 2010's "The Suburbs", which opened with 156,000 copies.
Arcade Fire successfully dethrones last week's No. 1, Katy Perry. The 29-year-old pop singer's "Prism" falls to No. 2 with 92,000 in its second week. At No. 3, Kelly Clarkson's first Christmas set "Wrapped in Red" starts with 70,000 copies.
Clarkson's latest release is followed by "Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas", which has debuted with 69,000. Featuring the cast of the A&E reality show "Duck Dynasty", the album also includes collaborations with country stars George Strait, Luke Bryan, Josh Turner and Alison Krauss.
Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" slips from No. 3 to No. 5, after selling 38,000. Country singer Thomas Rhett's first LP, "It Goes Like This", arrives at No. 6 with 36,000. Fellow country star Toby Keith's "Drinks After Work" bows at No. 7 with 35,000.
Lorde's "Pure Heroine" and Miley Cyrus' "Bangerz" fall to No. 8 and 9 after selling additional 34,000 and 33,000 copies, respectively.
Linkin Park rounds out the top 10 with their new remix record, "Recharged", that sells nearly 33,000 in its debut week. The band's first remix album, "Reanimation", is still unbeatable as it debuted and peaked at No. 2 after being released back in 2002.
- "Reflektor" - Arcade Fire (140,000)
- "Prism" - Katy Perry (92,000)
- "Wrapped in Red" - Kelly Clarkson (32,000)
- "Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas" - "Duck Dynasty" Cast (69,000)
- "Nothing Was the Same" - Drake (38,000)
- "It Goes Like This" - Thomas Rhett (36,000)
- "Drinks After Work" - Toby Keith (35,000)
- "Pure Heroine" - Lorde (34,000)
- "Bangerz" - Miley Cyrus (33,000)
- "Recharged" - Linkin Park (33,000)
More Arcade Fire News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign