Eminem Streams 'MMLP2' Early on iTunes
Eminem is only several days away from releasing his highly-anticipated new album, "MMLP2". The Detroit MC has decided to give fans a free listen to the second installment of 2000's "The Marshall Mathers LP" by streaming it in full on iTunes.
"#MMLP2 full album stream now on iTunes for the US! Pre-order available worldwide," the 41-year-old rapper tweeted on Friday, November 1. Before streaming the 21-song set, Eminem dropped a hilarious announcement, in which he urges fans to legally purchase his album.
Set to arrive on November 5, Eminem's "MMLP2" has spawned two singles, "Berzerk" and Rihanna-assisted "The Monster". The Slim Shady has also released "Survival" and "Rap God" as promotional tracks.
Eminem, who recently graced the cover of Billboard, spoke with the magazine about his upcoming LP. "One of the things I thought might be cool to try to accomplish was to see if I could bring it back and remind people of the first time they ever heard me on a record," the rapper said of why he made a sequel album. "I wanted to try and recapture that nostalgic feeling."
When asked if he worried that fans would compare the new album with its predecessor, which was released more than a decade ago, Eminem explained, "I kind of just make what I make and however people take to it is how they take to it, or don't take to it."
"I knew that it would have to match a certain intensity and vibe and feel in order to call it [The Marshall Mathers LP 2]. I want to say I'm confident that I've done that, but it's up to the listener to decide," he continued.
As for a possibility of the third installment, he said, "I hope not. I don't know what I'll be doing as far as whether I'll still be making music-I'd like to keep doing it as long as I still have the passion for it. But I hope to always be involved in hip-hop in one form or another. Because when it comes down to it, this is really all I know."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says