Video: 'Sesame Street' Releases 'Homeland' Parody
Following their spoof of such hit shows as "Downton Abbey", "Sons of Anarchy" and "Boardwalk Empire", long-running children's TV series "Sesame Street" takes on Emmy Award-winning drama-thriller "Homeland" for its latest parody of popular TV programs and movies. The parodies serve as a child-friendly treatment of what are otherwise seriously-themed TV series dealing with such topics as sex, violence and drugs.
Wittingly entitled "Homelamb", the four-and-a-half-minute funny clip features a cast of puppet sheep as the CIA agents, amongst them one playing Claire Danes' character Carrie Mathison. Caa-rrie tries to fight her obvious attraction to Nicholas Brody, or in this case Baa-rody, as she goes about exposing him as the Big Bad Wolf in sheep's clothing in front of the other agents who consider him a hero.
The parody is spot on, from the jazzy intro to the Carrie freak-outs. Caa-rrie is even second-guessing herself after she reveals Baa-rody, thinking he might indeed be a sheep in wolf's clothing, then running after him with a declaration of "I don't care, I love you!" The spoof is humorously written with lots of sheep and lamb puns, like "on the lamb," "two shakes of a lamb's tail," and "feeling sheepish."
And similar to an actual TV series, Sesame Street also came out with a poster for "Homelamb" with head shots of Caa-rrie, Baa-rody, and Saaul as a reference to Carrie Mathison's mentor Saul Berenson. The tagline was "something is not right."
Sesame Street's "Homelamb" (Homeland parody):
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson