'Transformers 4' Filming Hit With Second Extortion Attempt
Following last week's assault on director Michael Bay, a second extortion attempt has come to the ongoing production of the fourth installment of the "Transformers" film franchise, "Transformers: Age of Extinction". A crew member working on the Kowloon set of the movie was approached by four men, believed to have links with the Chinese triad, who "intimidated her and asked for money."
After she called the local police to report the incident, one of the four extortionists, a 35-year-old man, was arrested, with the other three still being pursued by the authorities. Apparently, extortions on Hollywood film productions in Hong Kong are common, although more often they usually involve residents making annoying noises to disrupt the shooting.
The president of the Hong Kong Directors Guild, Derek Yee Tung-sing, called the extortion attempts "ridiculous" and "more unusual than getting a jackpot," saying the enormous popularity of the film could have well attracted the undue attention from the triad. It also doesn't help the film keep a low profile during the filming especially when it has Hollywood movie star Mark Wahlberg in the cast, along with veteran actors Stanley Tucci and Kelsey Grammer.
While the production tries to put these incidents behind them, the local police's anti-triad unit will be investigating the case, which has been classified as blackmail.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" is slated for a June 2014 release date.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle