Marilyn Monroe's Medical Records to Be Auctioned Off
A set of medical records which is believed to be Marilyn Monroe's is going to be auctioned off next month. The items are expected to be sold between $15,000 and $30,000 at auction which will take place on November 9-10.
The lot, which consists of X-Rays and a set of doctor's notes, indicates that the iconic actress went under the knife in 1950s. "Nobody really thought about Marilyn Monroe having plastic surgery. It was always speculation - did she or didn't she? They thought she was such a natural beauty, they didn't want to believe," Martin Nolan, executive director of Julien's Auctions said, as quoted by Reuters.
According to the auctioneers, the items are sold by an unnamed person who received them from Monroe's doctor Michael Gurdin as gift. At that time, Monroe's medical files were listed using different aliases.
Monroe visited Dr. Gurdin starting from July 1958 and her complaint was "chin deformity." She also suffered from Neutropenia when she was in England in 1956, ectopic pregnancy in New York in 1957 and a 1950 cartilage implant in the chin which "had slowly begun to dissolve," the doctor said.
The "How to Marry a Millionaire" actress experienced swelling and tenderness following a fall in the middle of the night. Six X-Rays which were taken on June 7, 1962, two months before her death, show Monroe's facial bones, nasal bones and the roof of her mouth. Although a radiologist concluded at that time that there was no injury to her nose, the auction house said on Tuesday, October 8 that recent observation showed "very minute hairline fracture."
More Marilyn Monroe News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'