Marilyn Monroe's Medical Records to Be Auctioned Off
A set of medical records which is believed to be Marilyn Monroe's is going to be auctioned off next month. The items are expected to be sold between $15,000 and $30,000 at auction which will take place on November 9-10.
The lot, which consists of X-Rays and a set of doctor's notes, indicates that the iconic actress went under the knife in 1950s. "Nobody really thought about Marilyn Monroe having plastic surgery. It was always speculation - did she or didn't she? They thought she was such a natural beauty, they didn't want to believe," Martin Nolan, executive director of Julien's Auctions said, as quoted by Reuters.
According to the auctioneers, the items are sold by an unnamed person who received them from Monroe's doctor Michael Gurdin as gift. At that time, Monroe's medical files were listed using different aliases.
Monroe visited Dr. Gurdin starting from July 1958 and her complaint was "chin deformity." She also suffered from Neutropenia when she was in England in 1956, ectopic pregnancy in New York in 1957 and a 1950 cartilage implant in the chin which "had slowly begun to dissolve," the doctor said.
The "How to Marry a Millionaire" actress experienced swelling and tenderness following a fall in the middle of the night. Six X-Rays which were taken on June 7, 1962, two months before her death, show Monroe's facial bones, nasal bones and the roof of her mouth. Although a radiologist concluded at that time that there was no injury to her nose, the auction house said on Tuesday, October 8 that recent observation showed "very minute hairline fracture."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival