FOX Orders Steve Carell-Produced Unscripted Series 'Slide Show'
Steve Carell is entering unscripted television business. The former lead actor on NBC's "The Office" teams up with Shine America to executive produce "Slide Show", which has just received eight-episode order from FOX.
The unscripted comedy series, which is based on an international format, will pit celebrities and comedians against each other as they tackle unpredictable song, dance and sketch challenges that will test mind and body. The contestants must think on their feet while navigating the show's trademark set, which is tilted at a 22.5 degree angle.
"I think unscripted television should be outrageous and audacious by definition. Unfortunately, not much is, as of late," FOX entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly says. " 'Slide Show' is the most ridiculously fun and out-there thing I've seen in quite a while. Steve Carell knows a thing or two about big laughs, and I am really happy to be working with Steve again, and the team at Shine, to bring 'Slide Show' to FOX."
Carell adds, "Comedy is subjective. But if you don't find 'Slide Show' to be funny and enormously entertaining, then you will never be my friend."
Rich Ross, Shine America CEO, also states, " 'Slide Show' has quickly become a global phenomenon and we're thrilled that FOX is now going to share it with the American audience. The Satisfaction team has created a brilliant format in which the results are unpredictable and hilarious."
"Slide Show", also known as "Anything Goes" internationally, is originally created by Arthur Essebag. It debuted in France in January 2012 and averaged nearly a 40% audience share. Following its success in Australia, Portugal and Denmark, the format is set to launch in Spain, the Netherlands, China and other territories in the coming months.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Watch Charli XCX's Adorable 'Boys' Video Starring Joe Jonas, Charlie Puth, Jay Park and More Hotties
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Firefighter Spin-Off Casts Jaina Lee Ortiz
- Ike Barinholtz Broke His Neck While Filming Movie Stunt
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Tummy in Skintight Crop Top
- Henry Cavill Addresses 'Justice League' 'Mustache Fiasco' With Hilarious Instagram Post
- Was '4:44' Album Title Inspired by Jay-Z and Solange's Elevator Fight?
- HBO's Porn Drama 'The Deuce' Gets a September Premiere Date