Kevin James Returning to TV With Lionsgate Sitcom
Kevin James is plotting his way back to the small screen, more than five years after he headlined "The King of Queens". The "Zookeeper" star/writer/producer has inked an overall deal with Lionsgate, which will develop big- and small-screen projects for the actor to star in and produce.
As part of the deal, James will star in and executive produce a multi-camera comedy offered with the 10/90 model, which has been applied to Charlie Sheen's "Anger Management", George Lopez's upcoming series "Saint George", and Kelsey Grammer & Martin Lawrence's untitled project. Those three shows have landed on FX.
The 10/90 model means the show will be sold to a network with an initial 10-episode straight-to-series order. If the first 10 episodes meet a certain ratings threshold, the show will be automatically picked for additional 90 episodes.
"We're delighted to be in the Kevin James business and, on a personal level, I'm pleased to reunite with my star from 'The King of Queens'," says Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer, when announcing the partnership with James.
"Kevin is exactly the kind of versatile and entrepreneurial acting, producing and writing talent with whom we like to partner. He has a tremendous track record in both the film and TV business, and we look forward to partnering with him on a wide range of projects in the years to come."
Details about his upcoming sitcom are not available yet. The 48-year-old comedian has appeared in a number of comedy films since "The King of Queens" ended its run on CBS in 2007, starring in "Hitch", "Grown Ups" and its sequel "Grown Ups 2" as well as "Here Comes the Boom".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed