Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies Welcome Baby Girl
Celebrity couple Rachael Leigh Cook and Daniel Gillies are proud parents to a baby girl. "It's a girl," the proud dad announced the arrival of the bundle of joy on Sunday, September 29. "The tiny new empress of my everything. She's immaculate. We're delirious."
It's the first child for both Cook, 33, and Gillies, 37. She didn't announce her pregnancy until May this year after she found it hard to hide her baby bump. "I've been hiding my rapidly growing bump while shooting but this kiddo is vying for screen time," so she said.
The baby came after their nine years of marriage. "We're both people who like kids, but we weren't jumping up and down, like, 'Oh my God, let's start that chapter of our lives,' " she said earlier this year. "There was just so much more both of us wanted to do."
When asked if he wanted a daughter or a son, Gillies said to Us Weekly, "A lot of people are asking whether I'd prefer a boy or a girl. In truth, it doesn't matter to me -- I just can't wait to meet little Keanu Robocop."
Cook was falsely rumored giving birth on Friday, but her actor hubby quickly clarified the false news on Twitter. "Beautiful people: baby has not arrived. yet. please disregard the gossip+misinformation. we'll keep you posted. Xx love d+r+?" he wrote back then.
Cook is best known for her roles in romcom "She's All That" starring Freddie Prinze Jr. and on TV miniseries "Into the West" produced by Steven Spielberg. She also has a lead role in TNT's crime series "Perception".
Gillies is famous for portraying the Original bloodsucker Elijah on "The Vampire Diaries". He will reprise his vampire role on its spin-off "The Originals" due to premiere later this fall. He's additionally a main cast member on supernatural medical drama "Saving Hope".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences