Elizabeth Hurley and Shane Warne Break Twitter Silence to Address Rumored Split
Just a day after speculations broke out that they might have broken up following an unusual silence on Twitter in recent weeks, Elizabeth Hurley and her fiance Shane Warne immediately addressed the rumors on Wednesday morning, September 18. They did so nowhere else of course but on the popular social networking site they were known to be very active before their love problems apparently set in.
The 48-year-old model and actress was first to open up, although there was no direct confirmation on the status of their romance, saying, "Apologies to loyal followers for Twitter silence on recent events. Too raw & personal to share right now." The 44-year-old former international cricketer's tweet was more revealing, as he wrote, "Some of the reports re EH & me r absolute rubbish. Yes we're sorting through some (private) issues. But we're not throwing the towel in yet."
But perhaps what topped Warne's admission was a new snapshot of Hurley not wearing her engagement ring, proving the adage "actions speak louder than words." The "Bedazzled" star was in the U.K. recently working on her TV series "The Royals" while Warne is currently staying with family in his native Australia.
Rumors of the engaged couple's split stemmed from their three week odd silence on Twitter, with Hurley not greeting his fiance on his 44th birthday after he left her out of his thank you message to family and friends. They are only one month short of celebrating their two year anniversary of being engaged.
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester