Elizabeth Hurley and Shane Warne Break Twitter Silence to Address Rumored Split
Just a day after speculations broke out that they might have broken up following an unusual silence on Twitter in recent weeks, Elizabeth Hurley and her fiance Shane Warne immediately addressed the rumors on Wednesday morning, September 18. They did so nowhere else of course but on the popular social networking site they were known to be very active before their love problems apparently set in.
The 48-year-old model and actress was first to open up, although there was no direct confirmation on the status of their romance, saying, "Apologies to loyal followers for Twitter silence on recent events. Too raw & personal to share right now." The 44-year-old former international cricketer's tweet was more revealing, as he wrote, "Some of the reports re EH & me r absolute rubbish. Yes we're sorting through some (private) issues. But we're not throwing the towel in yet."
But perhaps what topped Warne's admission was a new snapshot of Hurley not wearing her engagement ring, proving the adage "actions speak louder than words." The "Bedazzled" star was in the U.K. recently working on her TV series "The Royals" while Warne is currently staying with family in his native Australia.
Rumors of the engaged couple's split stemmed from their three week odd silence on Twitter, with Hurley not greeting his fiance on his 44th birthday after he left her out of his thank you message to family and friends. They are only one month short of celebrating their two year anniversary of being engaged.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?