Drake's 'Nothing Was the Same' Leaks
Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" made its way out online on Sunday night, September 15. The album, which follows up the Canadian rapper's 2011 release "Take Care", unexpectedly arrived more than one week ahead of its official release date, September 24.
One track off the record that draws fans' attention is "Pound Cake/Paris Morton Music 2". Drake worked with Jay-Z for the song, which features the 36-year-old rap mogul reworking Kanye West's famous "sunglasses and Advil" line as "Last night was mad trill, I'm fresh out of Advil, Jesus grab the wheel."
"Nothing Was the Same" also includes Drake's collaborations with the likes of 2 Chainz, Big Sean, Jhene Aiko, Sampha, Majid Jordan and Detail.
The album leaked a few days after Drake gave his fans the first listen to a Sampha-assisted track called "Too Much". He performed the song for the first time on Jimmy Fallon's "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon".
He has also dropped a track called "Wu-Tang Forever", a tribute to New York-based hip-hop group Wu-Tang Clan. It has been reported that the surviving members of the group are working on a remix to the song.
"They wanted us to remix it and get on there [so] you gon' probably hear another one with us on it," Wu-Tang Clan's U-God told VIBE. "Meth did his verse - we all did our verses. I wrote my rhyme in probably 15, 20 minutes. We were moving so fast we only had about four hours of studio time. If I had some time to really sit down and get juicy with it, I probably could've got juicier with it. But I still do a nice one, I still do a real banger."
More Drake News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered