Artist of the Week: Eminem
Detroit rapper Eminem got his fans excited when he announced that his new album, "Marshall Mathers LP 2" ("MMLP2"), was coming later this year. The highly-anticipated new album, whose title and release date were revealed during the MTV Video Music Awards back in August, is now set to arrive on November 5.
Marking his first solo set since 2010's "Recovery", Eminem's forthcoming eight studio album is co-produced by longtime producer Dr. Dre, NO ID and Rick Rubin among others. It serves as the sequel to "The Marshall Mathers LP", which hit No. 1 on Billboard 200 thirteen years ago.
"Marshall Mathers LP 2" has spawned a single called "Berzerk", which debuted at Billboard 100's No. 3. The Rubin-produced track samples Billy Squier's "The Stroke", as well as the Beastie Boys' "The New Style" and "Fight for Your Right".
The music video for the track was shot in Detroit and New York by director James Larese. Featuring cameo appearances from Rubin, Kid Rock and Kendrick Lamar, the 1990s-inspired clip was premiered earlier this month on ABC/ESPN's "Saturday Night Football", where Eminem made an awkward appearance during the game's halftime broadcast.
At that time, Eminem was asked what made him excited about the new album album. The 40-year-old star responded simply, "Nothing." He then continued to explain, "I'll probably be most excited to just be done with it. It's called 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2' and it's kind of a revisit to the first 'Marshall Mathers LP'. That's pretty much all I can probably say about it."
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title