Patrick Stewart Marries Girlfriend Sunny Ozell
Patrick Stewart has married his girlfriend Sunny Ozell. The "X Men: Days of Future Past" actor and his singer/songwriter girlfriend tied the knot on Sunday, September 8, Us Weekly reports. The wedding was officiated by Stewart's close friend Ian McKellen.
On Sunday, the Professor X depicter announced in a Twitter post that he got married. "Yes, Married," he wrote. Along with the post, the 73-year-old actor shared a funny picture of him and Ozell in a colorful ball pit.
McKellen took to Facebook to share the good news. He uploaded a photo of himself and a black t-shirt which says "Minister." His right hand holds his "Doctor of Divinity" certificate. "I did my part," he captioned the picture.
Back in March, the Magneto depicter announced that he would officiate Stewart and Ozell's wedding in Massachusetts. "I am going to marry Patrick. Well, no, how else do you put that? I am going to officiate at his wedding," he said during an appearance on U.K.'s "The Jonathan Ross Show".
When asked if he was legally qualified to officiate the wedding, McKellen said, "I don't know. But in Massachusetts, or in the middle of America somewhere, you get a friend along, and I read out the words, and Sunny and Patrick will then be married." The actor added, "I've done it once before, with two guys having a civil partnership. I was crying my eyes out."
Stewart was previously married to Sheila Falconer, but the couple split in 1990 after 24 years of marriage. Stewart and Falconer have two children together, Daniel and Sophia. The actor later married producer Wendy Neuss. Their relationship ended in 2003.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son