Patrick Stewart Marries Girlfriend Sunny Ozell
Patrick Stewart has married his girlfriend Sunny Ozell. The "X Men: Days of Future Past" actor and his singer/songwriter girlfriend tied the knot on Sunday, September 8, Us Weekly reports. The wedding was officiated by Stewart's close friend Ian McKellen.
On Sunday, the Professor X depicter announced in a Twitter post that he got married. "Yes, Married," he wrote. Along with the post, the 73-year-old actor shared a funny picture of him and Ozell in a colorful ball pit.
McKellen took to Facebook to share the good news. He uploaded a photo of himself and a black t-shirt which says "Minister." His right hand holds his "Doctor of Divinity" certificate. "I did my part," he captioned the picture.
Back in March, the Magneto depicter announced that he would officiate Stewart and Ozell's wedding in Massachusetts. "I am going to marry Patrick. Well, no, how else do you put that? I am going to officiate at his wedding," he said during an appearance on U.K.'s "The Jonathan Ross Show".
When asked if he was legally qualified to officiate the wedding, McKellen said, "I don't know. But in Massachusetts, or in the middle of America somewhere, you get a friend along, and I read out the words, and Sunny and Patrick will then be married." The actor added, "I've done it once before, with two guys having a civil partnership. I was crying my eyes out."
Stewart was previously married to Sheila Falconer, but the couple split in 1990 after 24 years of marriage. Stewart and Falconer have two children together, Daniel and Sophia. The actor later married producer Wendy Neuss. Their relationship ended in 2003.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2